[Level Editor] Get more Tilegroups

[Level Editor] Get more Tilegroups

Postby FsxShader2012 » 04 Jul 2016, 17:59

Sup everybody,

as you might know from my last post, I'm currently working on a levelset.To get some inspiration, I looked at some built-in levelpacks and came across totally diffrent Tilegroups than those in the Editor.

Is there any way to get these Tilegroups into my levelset? I would realy like to make some scret paths and caves but with the sprites in the Standard Tilegroups, I'm not able to do what I want to do.

Thanks again for all your replies! And as always: If this has been asked before, I'm sry.
FsxShader2012

Re: [Level Editor] Get more Tilegroups

Postby mteufel » 04 Jul 2016, 19:39

FsxShader2012 {l Wrote}:[...] and came across totally diffrent Tilegroups than those in the Editor.

Now, are you talking about tilesets or tilegroups. Tilesets are different sets each containing tiles, while tilegroups are more or less subcategories of tilesets (for the current levels: some misc stuff, Ice stuff, Forest stuff, and so on).

FsxShader2012 {l Wrote}:Is there any way to get these Tilegroups into my levelset? I would realy like to make some scret paths and caves but with the sprites in the Standard Tilegroups, I'm not able to do what I want to do.

Some levelsets use different tilesets for their own purposes. However there is no interest in making an official guide on how to do this (we have more important things to focus on: like, stuff for the next few releases), so you'll have to figure out how to create tilesets by looking at the existing ones. The old wiki might be a helpful resources.
SuperTux developer
mteufel

Postby FsxShader2012 » 04 Jul 2016, 20:54

I think pictures can make my point a bit clearer.

These are the Tilegroups available to me when I am creating my own levels:

And these are the Tilegroups available to me when I edit World 1:

As you can see they are diffrent. So my question is, how do I get the Tiles from the World 1 Tilegroups into my own worlds?

I found 2 files, each containing one set of Levelgroups. Trying to merge them ends up in a lot of duplicate Tiles. I could just rename the file containing the World 1 Tilegroups so they would show up in the editor whilst building my own levels. But then I would have to rebuild my whole Worldmap.

Is there any way to merge the 2 files without just overwriting half of them?

And besides that, why are different Tilegroups used anyway?
FsxShader2012

Postby FsxShader2012 » 07 Jul 2016, 17:15

Nver Mind, figuered it out myself. You just have to change the tileset in the worldmap file of your level.
FsxShader2012

Postby Tlaloc1 » 07 Jul 2016, 22:33

Can you explain how to do it?
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start
Tlaloc1