Treasure in the Skies

Treasure in the Skies

Postby Trara » 06 Nov 2012, 13:54

Hello,

I'm wondering if the first secret area of "Treasure in the Skies" (fireflower on top of the mountain) can really be reached.

It seems to me something to climb on is missing. Could this be a map bug?

Many thanks
Trara
Trara

Re: Treasure in the Skies

Postby ctdabomb » 06 Nov 2012, 15:10

yes it can be reached. I think that you are just not going the right way, wait, no never mind, sorry, there should be something to climb. which version of the game are you using? I love writing in really small text, no one can see it until someone quotes me. then they see it and go, Woah! there is really small text in the post. maybe this wasn't the best time to do this, but....
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby Trara » 07 Nov 2012, 12:08

Hello,

I'm running supertux2 0.3.3 . So of course it's my own fault to play a development version. :-) If there is a subversion string and you need it, let me know and I will look more closely.

Unfortunately the level editor doesn't seem to want to install properly. To test this a bit anyhow, I tried replacing some of the things nearby with easy to recognize objects (a jumpy) by editing "airkey.stl" with a text editor. I wasn't able to see anything which would tell me how to walk there. But I did have the impression that maybe the following section has to do with it:

(climbable
(width 28)
(height 380)
(x 3072)
(y 480)
)

Are "climbable" the fields which pop up out of nowhere and get solid when you hit them with Tux' head? If so, then it's at the wrong location, it should be a few tiles higher up. Right now, it's on the floor and doesn't help much.

Many thanks!
Trara

Postby ctdabomb » 07 Nov 2012, 14:56

Trara {l Wrote}:I'm running supertux2 0.3.3 . So of course it's my own fault to play a development version. :-) If there is a subversion string and you need it, let me know and I will look more closely.

3.3 should have climbables.... and don't worry about it being a development version, they are really stable.

Trara {l Wrote}:Unfortunately the level editor doesn't seem to want to install properly.

yea :( the editor is hard to find a good build for. which OS are you using?

Trara {l Wrote}:Are "climbable" the fields which pop up out of nowhere and get solid when you hit them with Tux' head? If so, then it's at the wrong location, it should be a few tiles higher up. Right now, it's on the floor and doesn't help much.

no, I think that you are thinking about uni-solid tile.for climbables you just hit the up key and then it says "up we go" and you start climbing around in the climbable area.
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby Trara » 07 Nov 2012, 15:21

Ah, cool, thanks! I didn't know that with the up arrow to climb. :-)

As far as I remember, there used to be the possibility to peek up/down with the up/down arrow keys... that's not possible any more?

I'm using openSUSE 12.2 at the moment.
Trara

Postby ctdabomb » 07 Nov 2012, 19:07

Trara {l Wrote}:Ah, cool, thanks! I didn't know that with the up arrow to climb. :-)

As far as I remember, there used to be the possibility to peek up/down with the up/down arrow keys... that's not possible any more?

I'm using openSUSE 12.2 at the moment.

check your key setup, but the regular should be something like home, end, delete, PgDn.
ctdabomb

Postby Trara » 08 Nov 2012, 14:21

I had only tried these keys on the numeric keypad, where they don't work. But the second keyset (home/end/pageup/pagedown) works fine.

Thanks again for your help! :-)
Trara