Editor Issues

Editor Issues

Postby KRC1023 » 17 Sep 2012, 18:32

Question no. 1: How do you change a level size. I have been through EVERYTHING!!! and i can't make it any taller. Or longer.
Question no. 2: Why won't it launch on my linux computer. I am currently borrowing a windows pc because my laptop is in the shop. It is a mac, but that doesn't matter because i know the editor won't run on it anyway.
Here is the code is spews if i try to launch it from terminal.
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
Missing method System.Type::op_Inequality(Type,Type) in assembly /usr/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll, referenced in assembly /usr/lib/mono/gac/glade-sharp/2.12.0.0__35e10195dab3c99f/glade-sharp.dll

Unhandled Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Type.op_Inequality'.
  at Glade.XML..ctor (System.String resource_name, System.String root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Application..ctor (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Type.op_Inequality'.
  at Glade.XML..ctor (System.String resource_name, System.String root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Application..ctor (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
KRC1023
Registered Linux User #555528
youtube.com/user/krc1023
KRC1023

Re: Editor Issues

Postby KRC1023 » 17 Sep 2012, 19:25

Another thing. Why do bonus boxes show through the tilemap on top of them in when i play, but not in the editor.
KRC1023
youtube.com/user/krc1023
KRC1023

Postby Wolfs » 17 Sep 2012, 19:51

It would be usefull to know which version of the editor you are using. I assume you are using the latest one (for SuperTux 0.3.x).

KRC1023 {l Wrote}:Question no. 1: How do you change a level size. I have been through EVERYTHING!!! and i can't make it any taller. Or longer.

In the version I have you can resize the level by right-clicking on the sector's tab (for example "main") and the clicking on "Resize".

KRC1023 {l Wrote}:Question no. 2: Why won't it launch on my linux computer. I am currently borrowing a windows pc because my laptop is in the shop. It is a mac, but that doesn't matter because i know the editor won't run on it anyway.

The editor is a bit picky on the mono runtime version. You have to start it in a terminal with
mono --runtime=v4.0 supertux-editor.exe

KRC1023 {l Wrote}:Another thing. Why do bonus boxes show through the tilemap on top of them in when i play, but not in the editor.

The bonus boxes do not really belong to the tilemap they are placed in. I have to see the level to explain you what exactly is wrong.
Wolfs

Postby ctdabomb » 17 Sep 2012, 20:07

for the third question:
the bonus block and coin tiles show up in the game on a higher layer than on whatever they are placed. so if you want a coin or block that's on the "Interactive" tilemap you will have to place tiles on the foreground layer to cover them up(if that doesn't work the the foreground layer up to around 200 or something like that. play around and see.)
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby KRC1023 » 17 Sep 2012, 20:53

ctdabomb {l Wrote}:for the third question:
the bonus block and coin tiles show up in the game on a higher layer than on whatever they are placed. so if you want a coin or block that's on the "Interactive" tilemap you will have to place tiles on the foreground layer to cover them up(if that doesn't work the the foreground layer up to around 200 or something like that. play around and see.)

I am trying to make a secret area, and in the editor everything looks good, but in the game, the bonus blocks show right through the tilemap "secret area 1" as i called it. Can this be fixed?
KRC1023
youtube.com/user/krc1023
KRC1023

Postby KRC1023 » 17 Sep 2012, 21:10

Wolfs {l Wrote}:It would be usefull to know which version of the editor you are using. I assume you are using the latest one (for SuperTux 0.3.x).

Using editor 0.3.0 windows package from the wiki downloads page on windows 7 with mono 1.2.5.1 or whatever is the one that works with it. (Thanks, helpful person on the bugtracker!)

Wolfs {l Wrote}:
KRC1023 {l Wrote}:Question no. 1: How do you change a level size. I have been through EVERYTHING!!! and i can't make it any taller. Or longer.

In the version I have you can resize the level by right-clicking on the sector's tab (for example "main") and the clicking on "Resize".

Thanks, that solved it.

Wolfs {l Wrote}:The editor is a bit picky on the mono runtime version. You have to start it in a terminal with

okay, i will try that when i get back to my linux desktop. (Why does freegamedev seem to think both freegamedev and linux are spelled incorrectly? Weird.)

Wolfs {l Wrote}:The bonus boxes do not really belong to the tilemap they are placed in. I have to see the level to explain you what exactly is wrong.

okay... Don't really get that but i may be able to send you the level.
KRC1023
youtube.com/user/krc1023
KRC1023

Postby KRC1023 » 17 Sep 2012, 21:13

Yet another question. How do you add music in the new editor. (Can anyone else tell i haven't used this thing that much...)
KRC1023
youtube.com/user/krc1023
KRC1023

Postby Wolfs » 17 Sep 2012, 21:28

KRC1023 {l Wrote}:
ctdabomb {l Wrote}:for the third question:

I am trying to make a secret area, and in the editor everything looks good, but in the game, the bonus blocks show right through the tilemap "secret area 1" as i called it. Can this be fixed?

Yes, this is possible (of course - otherwise there would be no sense in making secret areas ;)). Just follow ctdabomb's advice and set the layer of the tilemap that covers the secret to a high value like 200. This should work.

KRC1023 {l Wrote}:(Why does freegamedev seem to think both freegamedev and linux are spelled incorrectly? Weird.)

AFAIK the forum does not have any spell checking. Perhaps it is an addon of your browser that does not know these words?
Wolfs

Postby Wolfs » 17 Sep 2012, 21:32

KRC1023 {l Wrote}:Yet another question. How do you add music in the new editor. (Can anyone else tell i haven't used this thing that much...)

To add music, open the same menu you have used to resize the level and select "Properties" (I hope it is called like that since my version of the editor partially uses translations) instead of "Resize". This will open a panel in the bottom part of the window. There you can edit the name, the music and other properties. To set or change the music, click on the "..." button and select a music file (the ones that end with ".music"). The SuperTux music folder is located in <supertuxdir>/data/music.
Wolfs

Postby KRC1023 » 18 Sep 2012, 00:41

Wolfs {l Wrote}:

This is what that command gets me...
Cannot open assembly 'supertux-editor.exe': No such file or directory.

using ubuntu 12.04
KRC1023
youtube.com/user/krc1023
KRC1023

Postby Wolfs » 18 Sep 2012, 09:32

KRC1023 {l Wrote}:
Wolfs {l Wrote}:

using ubuntu 12.04

Did you change to the directory where the editor is located, and did you compile it? I am also on Ubuntu 12.04 and it works for me.
Wolfs

Postby ctdabomb » 18 Sep 2012, 13:21

(i moved this to the general section since levels and addons forum is really supposed to be for contributed levels)
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby KRC1023 » 20 Sep 2012, 16:36

Wolfs {l Wrote}:
KRC1023 {l Wrote}:
Wolfs {l Wrote}:

using ubuntu 12.04

Did you change to the directory where the editor is located, and did you compile it? I am also on Ubuntu 12.04 and it works for me.

Installed using the autopackage.
Did not change the directory.
Cannot figure out.
Ran This command.
mono --runtime=v4.0 ` which supertux-editor`

Got same big long error from my first post.
KRC1023
youtube.com/user/krc1023
KRC1023

Postby KRC1023 » 20 Sep 2012, 16:38

And on windows i get no sound when i test the level.
KRC1023
youtube.com/user/krc1023
KRC1023

Postby Wolfs » 20 Sep 2012, 18:48

KRC1023 {l Wrote}:
Wolfs {l Wrote}:
KRC1023 {l Wrote}:
Wolfs {l Wrote}:

using ubuntu 12.04

Installed using the autopackage.
Did not change the directory.
Cannot figure out.
Ran This command.
mono --runtime=v4.0 ` which supertux-editor`

Got same big long error from my first post.

I guess something is wrong with your installation of the editor. I have attached a compiled version of the editor which I am using. Extract it, open a terminal and then change to the directory which contains "supertux-editor.exe". On my computer this would be "~/Desktop/SuperTux-Editor/".(We won't install the editor on your system, but start it directly from the extracted folder. Because of this, trying to start the editor from any working directory in the terminal will not work).
To check if you have changed to the correct directory, run
ls -a | grep supertux-editor.exe

This should result in:
supertux-editor.exe
supertux-editor.exe.mdb

If it does not, you are in the wrong directory.

Now type in

and press return. This will start the editor.
Attachments
supertux-editor.zip
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 335 times
Wolfs