Ghoul's lair - perfect score not possible?

Ghoul's lair - perfect score not possible?

Postby reiscw » 14 Mar 2023, 18:16

In the Ghoul's Lair level -- towards the end of the forest world -- it seems impossible to get a perfect score (choosing one path through the level eliminates other paths). In all of the other levels up this point, except maybe one in the ice world where you have to jump through a difficult coin path, it's possible (I've done it in all but one level). Since in most levels it is possible, I would suggest it should be possible in all levels. This is just my opinion, so take it or leave it.
reiscw

Re: Ghoul's lair - perfect score not possible?

Postby denmanuel » 16 Mar 2023, 01:28

I will search this level in my computer
denmanuel

Postby AllyTheOcelot » 17 Mar 2023, 16:14

hi

https://youtu.be/rn5RCC1xSIk?t=6545

the level is possible to 100%, but you need the air flower i think. theres probably a way to do it without but i havent investigated that. my speedrun contains the solution
Mewo
AllyTheOcelot
SuperTux Moderator

Postby AllyTheOcelot » 17 Mar 2023, 16:27

OK i just realised my run was done in 0.6.2 where you can kill badguys by using the lanterns, and in 0.6.3 this was removed. so basically, to do this level, you just need to switch the route around based on the video's route

first do the beginning air flower section like normal, but when you grab the red lantern once again, you need to go all the way to the end of the level (i think you can get back??) and get the coins with the air flower and lanterns, then backtrack to get a fire flower and kill the spikies in the other sector.

if this doesnt work because you cant get back, you might be able to get the fire flower after regrabbing the red lantern, kill the enemies in the other sector, then just hoarding all the lanterns you possibly can (green and blue) so you can get build a staircase to get the coins like the one in my video. 3 might be enough, but i doubt 2 will.
Mewo
AllyTheOcelot
SuperTux Moderator