Making magic blocks work in 0.6.3 level editor

Making magic blocks work in 0.6.3 level editor

Postby chomwitt » 16 Apr 2022, 12:25

I want to pick up a latern and holding it to stand on a magic tile.
How do i do that ?
There is the option to choose a color on both of them. Do i must choose the same color exactly ?
chomwitt

Re: Making magic blocks work in 0.6.3 level editor

Postby Semphris » 02 May 2022, 23:53

I'm late by quite a while, but still:

Laterns of a certain color light up all magic blocks that are _darker in all color channels_.

Exact colors will work (e. g. a perfectly red lamp will trigger a perfectly red block), but also any color darker than that will work as well. It also work across multiple channels: a yellow lamp (red + green) will light a red block and a green block, provided that the red channel of the lamp is larger than the red channel of the red block, and the green channel of the lamp is larger than the green channel of the block.

But words are long to read, and even I get mistaken once in a while trying to remember it, so here's my personal cheat sheet if it can help you:

- Lamp color (0, 0, 0)
Won't activate any block

- Lamp color (1, 1, 1)
Will activate all magic blocks regardless of color

- Lamp color (1, 0, 0)
Will light any block that has any value for red, and a value of 0 for green and blue (that is, any color from black to red)

- Lamp color (0.5, 0.7, 0.1)
Will light any block that has value of _at most_ 0.5 for red, 0.7 for green and 0.1 for blue
Semphris

Re: Making magic blocks work in 0.6.3 level editor

Postby Oliver_Buo » 12 Jul 2022, 16:51

If the ambient too bright I don't work ..... in previous versions it doesn't work either.
Ers once in V. 0.6.3
Oliver_Buo