SuperTux Soundtrack Album

SuperTux Soundtrack Album

Postby Pewskeepski » 30 Mar 2021, 01:03

I'm putting together a "Soundtrack Album" of SuperTux, in which all the music is converted to .mp3 and orginized in a nice "album package". It's for my own personal use, but if there's interest (and it's legal), I'd be happy to share with anyone who loves listening to the music as much as I do. I'm trying to credit as many of the songs as possible. I know many of them were done by Wansti, and a lot of the newer pieces by MasterBlaster. But some of the tracks remain a mystery in the case of who composed them.

Namely:
voc-boss.ogg
voc-dark.ogg
voc-daytime-1&2.ogg
voc-night.ogg
ice_music.ogg
bright_thunders.ogg
clavelian_march.ogg
jewels.ogg

Does anyone know who contributed those? I've got pretty much every other track properly credited, with exception to the "classic tracks" from the ancient version of SuperTux made by Bil Kendrick. Those artists shall probably remain unknown since he pulled the from who-even-knows-where.
Life is better with penguins... and bananas. Lots of bananas.
Pewskeepski

Re: SuperTux Soundtrack Album

Postby tlbomb » 05 May 2021, 13:20

Hello!
See the following link:
https://github.com/SuperTux/supertux/blob/master/data/AUTHORS
I hope I could help you.
Btw, I'm interested in that album.
Please notify us as soon as it's finished :cool: :D
With worst regards you can think of... No, I was just sarcastic *cough*
With BEST regards,
tlbomb
tlbomb

Location: Actually... just somewhere in the universe. Ask Mr. Beeblebrox for further information.

Postby Pewskeepski » 25 May 2021, 05:11

Thank you! That clears up something things, but is there anyway to figure out who made the "voc-***.ogg" tracks? All 5 of them remain as uncredited mysteries :?

I'll be sure to share when it's complete :)
Pewskeepski

Postby tlbomb » 02 Jun 2021, 13:06

I think they might be by "Marek Moeckel" as mentioned in the credits, but this probably won't help you :(
With BEST regards,
tlbomb
tlbomb

Location: Actually... just somewhere in the universe. Ask Mr. Beeblebrox for further information.

Postby tlbomb » 04 Jun 2021, 14:16

By watching the ST credits again, I found out the voc-artist: semaJD. (I use the 0.6.0 version, so it might not be up to date. The voc songs I mean are: "voc-night.ogg"; "voc-daytime.ogg"; "voc-daytime2.ogg" (?) and "voc-darkess.ogg")
With BEST regards,
tlbomb
tlbomb

Postby Busybody64 » 17 Aug 2021, 22:29

Will you also include the milestone 1 and ATTNW songs?
By the way, i remember marioXM was from another site, but i can't find it on my computer. I think i shared the discovery on the discord server, tho.
Busybody64

Postby Pewskeepski » 26 Jan 2022, 00:34

The soundtrack is finished! Has been for awhile, actually, I just never got around to sharing it. But this morning, I packaged it all up for release!

tlbomb {l Wrote}:By watching the ST credits again, I found out the voc-artist: semaJD. (I use the 0.6.0 version, so it might not be up to date. The voc songs I mean are: "voc-night.ogg"; "voc-daytime.ogg"; "voc-daytime2.ogg" (?) and "voc-darkess.ogg")

Thank you! I noticed that as well. I still don't know what DJ Gentoo and tresalle did, though. They aren't listed in the Github credits, but are credited in the game :?

BusyBody64 {l Wrote}:Will you also include the milestone 1 and ATTNW songs?

Milestone 1 is included, but I don't know what ATTNW is. Are they the originals by ZhayTee? I included those as well.

I structured the album by the game's main story-line. So all the arctic music makes up the first half, while the forest music makes up the second. The songs play in an order that represents the story as it unfolds to the player. Then the holiday themes (Christmas + Halloween) are tag on at the end, with the credits theme closing out the first (main) "disc" of the album. But that's just the first disc! I included a "second disc" (I'm using air-quotes because there really is no CD!) includes the game's former soundtrack. That is, all songs from Milestone 1 that were not updated or reused (in story mode, at least), followed by Joseph Toscano's music from what I'm assuming is the ancient version of the game created solely by Bil Kendrick. (I really shouldn't say "ancient" because I was alive when it came out :p )

Let me know what you guys think, or if there are any issues you feel need fixing. (Namely, is Salsa Con Carne OK to be in this? I feel like, there are some licensing issues surrounding that piece.)

Click HERE to download! And enjoy listening to the wonderful music of SuperTux!
Pewskeepski

Postby KiyanTheBluePenguin » 30 Apr 2022, 15:48

Pewskeepski {l Wrote}:Milestone 1 is included, but I don't know what ATTNW is.

I know I'm like, 3 months late, but just want to explain ATTNW.

ATTNW stands for Adventure to the New World and is a series of 3 Worldmaps made by Miksy91 (I'm pretty sure that's the creator, if someone wants to, feel free to correct me), and the music which BusyBody64 is talking about is custom imported songs.

Also the entire thing was made in 0.1.3.

Hope that cleared up some stuff.
KiyanTheBluePenguin