transfer data

transfer data

Postby KingDave » 10 Mar 2023, 01:47

Hi. I played ST 0.1.3 years ago and now downloaded 0.6.3 as well. How can I transfer the data of the old version to the new? There is no such AppData folder as 0.6.3 has. But I have D:\Programme\SuperTux 0.1.3\SuperTux\.supertux\save which I think could be the saved records. Files in there are namend like "slot5.stsg". Can't find too many parallels between those two versions. Thank you.
KingDave

Re: transfer data

Postby Captain_Anything » 11 Mar 2023, 18:06

I dont think thats possible, I tried that once and it broke the whole game for me.
But if you think im wrong then you can try it, just beware of the bugs it makes.
Y'know, I am a good forest level-maker. But it's sad that most times I'm on a
macbook with "securly" installed...
Captain_Anything

Postby KingDave » 11 Mar 2023, 23:49

Yeah I played a few levels now. They're similar(story mode levels) or even the same, but the game itself is different. There're no lives anymore?? and you have some quests additional to completing the level - great idea. So I think now its impossible to transfer the data from 0.1.3 to 0.6.3.
There are so many levels too. Not just the official ones but here as well. Amazing
KingDave

Postby Captain_Anything » 17 Mar 2023, 21:24

Was there any upcoming bugs that did happen though?
If so, what are they? :?

-Capt. Abything
Y'know, I am a good forest level-maker. But it's sad that most times I'm on a
macbook with "securly" installed...
Captain_Anything

Postby mikesolton » 12 Jun 2023, 15:17

Locate the saved game files: Based on the path you provided, it seems that the saved game files for SuperTux version 0.1.3 are stored in the following directory: D:\Programme\SuperTux 0.1.3\SuperTux.supertux\save. Confirm that this directory contains files with names like "slot5.stsg" or similar.
mikesolton

Postby pisces Happy » 24 Sep 2023, 22:13

Captain_Anything {l Wrote}:Was there any upcoming bugs that did happen though?
If so, what are they? here to buy phenq :?

-Capt. Abything

Lol, did you find some bugs yet?
If yes so kindly tell us.
pisces Happy

Postby JNate » 06 Oct 2023, 19:28

I think I am. aware of what you are trying to say, maybe if you were trying to get the oldversioned levels you want into 0.6.3, maybe put it into a folder with worldmap.stwm, maybe that could work but maybe see if the tile textures could me compatible otherwise they would just error and show the error tile graphic.
The original J in this world.
JNate