Fungal Kingdom and Zine Quest/Zine Month

Fungal Kingdom and Zine Quest/Zine Month

Postby dulsi » 16 Jan 2023, 17:01

Zine Quest/Zine Month is an annual event started on Kickstarter to make old school rpg zines. I keep meaning to join but haven't yet. One of my thoughts is to do a TinyD6 zine. Gallant Knight Games has made many games with this system and a few 3rd party developers have as well. That includes Fungal Kingdom by Fat Goblin Games.

I was thinking of maybe doing a Super Tux like supplement for Fungal Kingdom. I don't currently own the book so maybe I'll reconsider after purchasing. I know I don't need the acceptance of the Super Tux community but if there is a strong dislike of bringing Tux to a tabletop rpg I might reconsider. The end product would likely be available in pdf for free.

EDIT: After purchasing Fungal Kingdom and looking at the Super Tux wiki, I'm less inclined to go this route. I still like the idea but I don't think Super Tux is ready. For example, what are Nolok's abilities? I don't know. I could obviously make them up. I've debated also combining it with other open source platformers. So you could have a seahorse heritage to go with Seahorse Adventures. Maybe a portal gun to go with Mari0/Gateway Jump. But I'm not sure there is enough to make an interesting zine.
dulsi

Re: Fungal Kingdom and Zine Quest/Zine Month

Postby AllyTheOcelot » 30 Jan 2023, 00:08

Nolok has a magical staff that im not sure exactly does what, but, in the adjusted story line for 0.7.0+, Nolok uses his staff to create a tree which corrupts the nearby forest.
Mewo
AllyTheOcelot
SuperTux Moderator