Suspended in ground glitch, Any respawn option?

Suspended in ground glitch, Any respawn option?

Postby LiamM32 » 28 Jun 2014, 10:55

I have been having fun with Lips of Suna for the last 3 days. But I'm having one huge problem; which you devs would probably know about but I can't find it on Google. It's that after playing for awhile, I always end up falling through the ground. Then I get stuck there, suspended under it. At-least once I had an enchanted item (for self-damage) prepared for this, but normally this isn't the case. I just restart the game after this happens. I have started about 10 saves in these first 3 days playing the game. This mostly happens while fighting an enemy close-up, but sometimes when I land from a jump. Of the many times I've experienced this, there has been one case with an unusual variation; I landed from a jump and I was suspended with a brigade inside me and many instances of a small unfamiliar brown creature in a ring around us facing outward.

I realise that this game is still in development. Of course, there would be a fix preventing it from happening before this game is considered alpha. But as a temporary solution, there should be an option to respawn the character (ie: suicide) at any time. Preferably, this should not have the loss of equipped items as when you die, and possibly have a shorter distance to spawn.
LiamM32

Re: Suspended in ground glitch, Any respawn option?

Postby amuzen » 29 Jun 2014, 09:05

You can suicide by pressing T and typing "/suicide". If you don't want to lose your weapon, unequip it before doing this.

Are you playing 0.8.0 or the development version from git, by the way?
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Re: Suspended in ground glitch, Any respawn option?

Postby LiamM32 » 29 Jun 2014, 21:42

So far I have only been playing version 0.8.0. Thanks; Now I can continue playing those 9 save files that I abandoned.
Is this a common problem?

Edit:
Is there a full list of commands like this?
I have done the command that you suggested. It saved my character, but this now happens very frequently. Could this have to do with my character being burdened? An unburden command would be helpful at the moment, but I find this to be an annoying part of the game. I think it should be removed. I have better ideas for ways to make the game difficult.
LiamM32