Are there undocumented dependencies?

Are there undocumented dependencies?

Postby Wuzzy » 19 Oct 2013, 16:33

Could it be that not all dependencies of Lips of Suna are listed on http://lipsofsuna.org/wiki/development-dependencies-and-tools and in the README file?

The output of
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
./waf configure
suggests that.
Following libraries appeared in the output of waf and were not mentioned in the docs:
  • FreeImage
  • libpng
  • Xlib
  • boost
Boost was mentioned in a crash I had once. Don’t worry, I fixed the crash and was able to compile and run LoS successfully. So this is not the problem.

But please clarify the dependency situation for me. It is confusing that waf mentions these libraries when the documentation does not mention them.

Before I forget, I am talking about the “Other platforms” section of the webpage.
Wuzzy

Re: Are there undocumented dependencies?

Postby amuzen » 19 Oct 2013, 17:43

Yeah, you're right, FreeImage is missing from the dependency lists. You need either it or libpng, but choosing FreeImage generally makes more sense since Ogre uses it anyway. Xlib is pretty much optional since it only affects whether the game can set the title of the window. Boost isn't used by LoS itself at all.

I updated the wiki page and will commit an updated README soonish. Thanks for reporting.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Re: Are there undocumented dependencies?

Postby Wuzzy » 19 Oct 2013, 19:55

Okay, thanks.
I hope all dependencies are documented now.
Wuzzy