Bug reports

Re: Bug reports

Postby amuzen » 28 Nov 2013, 19:59

OK, it should work with Ogre 1.9 now. Ogre 1.7 and 1.8 are still supported as well.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby dimproject » 05 Dec 2013, 00:07

I drew something about male, female hero in game.
Faces.zip
(122.35 KiB) Downloaded 1029 times

Maybe some eye styles better for male or female.
dimproject

Postby amuzen » 05 Dec 2013, 21:56

Sure, there could always be more of them. How about polishing yours and testing how they look in-game yourself? I just wrote a tutorial about it so it should be pretty easy to do now.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby dimproject » 07 Dec 2013, 17:43

Which program(s) use for edit, create?
dimproject

Postby amuzen » 08 Dec 2013, 14:38

Doesn't really matter which one you use, as long as it can save the image as PNG. Inkscape would be ideal since the SVGs from which you'd export the PNGs can be easily edited by others. GIMP or something else similar would be enough for just creating the PNG itself, though.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby qubodup » 08 Dec 2013, 23:10

I can compile now, I must have not realized that I upgraded ogre. It makes me a bit sad that you and other developers have to spend valuable time to accommodate new versions of dependencies.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby charlie » 08 Dec 2013, 23:59

qubodup {l Wrote}:I can compile now, I must have not realized that I upgraded ogre. It makes me a bit sad that you and other developers have to spend valuable time to accommodate new versions of dependencies.

Well when libraries such as Ogre bump a major version, it's common for there to be subtle or unsutble changes that require anybody using it to accomodate them.

The solution is to use the right version. (Which is why it is very common for companies that use an open source library to fork it so they can merge any relevant changes back in an environment that they control.)
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby amuzen » 09 Dec 2013, 19:42

In the end, just fixing the compatibility issues as people report them is actually the easiest way to handle the dependency mess, I think. Most issues can actually be fixed pretty easily, and the few tricky cases don't take that much time either, relatively speaking, since libraries typically release only a couple of times per year.

Bundling the correct versions of the dependencies would probably work most of the time, but it's really messy and could still break when distros update their compilers or the libraries that you didn't bundle. Distros that want to package your game will also remove the bundled dependencies and use their own libraries instead, so you'll have to fix the compatibility issues anyway if you want to be packaged by them.

Telling users to install specific versions of libraries just doesn't work since it'll make compiling unbearably difficult. I'd imagine that most people would give up straight away if the dependencies can't be installed with the package manager, and the remaining users will require so much support that it would have been faster to just work around the issues in your code. The distro packaging issues will also apply in addition.

It's a pain, but relatively minor compared to the alternative of other people not being able to compile the game at all. :p
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby dimproject » 18 Jul 2014, 14:46

I built game in Ubuntu 14.04.

Bug with Video mode.
File options.cfg not saves full screen, window_height, window_width.

How about translations? https://launchpad.net
dimproject