unable to see the git repo.

unable to see the git repo.

Postby shirish » 04 Oct 2012, 17:53

Hi all,
Can anybody tell/share where is the git repo. of LOS ? Is it hosted in sf.net, gitorious or github where ?

I'm looking for the git read-only version only. Another query would how big is and would the repo. be ? Is there a way to make whatever the git repo. is smaller ?
shirish

Re: unable to see the git repo.

Postby amuzen » 04 Oct 2012, 18:15

There is a page in our wiki detailing how to access the repository. The uncompressed size of the repository seems to be closer to 200 MB, so cloning would probably require you to download approximately that much data. It cannot really be helped since the game has quite a lot of data files.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby shirish » 04 Oct 2012, 19:42

amuzen {l Wrote}:There is a page in our wiki detailing how to access the repository. The uncompressed size of the repository seems to be closer to 200 MB, so cloning would probably require you to download approximately that much data. It cannot really be helped since the game has quite a lot of data files.

@amuzen thanx. Aha that page is reachable via going through the dev. page , my apologies. http://lipsofsuna.org/wiki/Development . I see you have 2 repositories. If the content of both the data is 200 MB together then it's reasonable. One more query though.

While going through the installation page http://lipsofsuna.org/wiki/installation ... ing-source I saw this :-

lipsofsunawiki {l Wrote}:Among other things, you can enable system-wide installation (--relpath=false) and optimization (--optimize=true) with these options. For example, you could use the following command when packaging the game for a Linux distribution:

./waf configure --prefix=/usr --relpath=false --optimize=true

Now while I perhaps would not want to a system-wide installation, I definitely am interested to know what am I optimizing and what is optimized ? On what sorta systems does it optimize ? I am on a Intel Dual-Core CPU E5400 (soc 775), an Asus mobo, 2 GB RAM with an Intel embedded G33/G37 chipset . Have no idea if the system is suitable for the single player lips of suna experience or not.

Look forward to the reply.
shirish

Postby amuzen » 04 Oct 2012, 20:49

shirish {l Wrote}:I see you have 2 repositories. If the content of both the data is 200 MB together then it's reasonable.

You only need the first repository, lipsofsuna, to compile and play the game. The second one contains Blender files and other originals that are only useful to graphics artists who want to modify the models and textures of the game. The size I gave is for the first repository alone.

shirish {l Wrote}:Now while I perhaps would not want to a system-wide installation, I definitely am interested to know what am I optimizing and what is optimized ? On what sorta systems does it optimize ? I am on a Intel Dual-Core CPU E5400 (soc 775), an Asus mobo, 2 GB RAM with an Intel embedded G33/G37 chipset . Have no idea if the system is suitable for the single player lips of suna experience or not.

Basically, enabling optimization is does not make a significant difference, so there is little point to bother with it. Your system should otherwise be fine, but the graphics chip could be somewhat slow. I have heard no reports of how well the game runs on Intel GPUs and know next to nothing that particular chip myself, so it is hard to tell how well it will work.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby KroArtem » 04 Oct 2012, 22:49

LoS crashes with such software:
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 9.1-devel

intel core i5-2410 (gpu is integrated)
This was reported in irc some months ago.

P.S. it's probably a driver bug because it worked half a year ago or so.
KroArtem