Lips of suna Questions

Postby knight133 » 06 Jul 2011, 21:26

when is there sex, pregnancy, birth, and most of all bestiality for the game
knight133

Re: Lips of suna Questions

Postby qubodup » 06 Jul 2011, 22:23

I hope never.

By the way: 4.d of CC - :by: - :sa: 3.0:
[...] You must not distort, mutilate, modify or take other derogatory action in relation to the Work which would be prejudicial to the Original Author's honor or reputation. [...]
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby amuzen » 07 Jul 2011, 02:12

There are no plans to include graphic sex scenes or other such things to the game*. Nudity is as far as we intend to go and even that'll be made configurable when we get our act together.

*We have no control over third party mods.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby TheAncientGoat » 07 Jul 2011, 09:47

Well, theoretically, like qubodup said, CC by SA does kind of give us control..
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby freelikegnu » 09 Jul 2011, 18:16

Maybe this is a little tangential to the original post but, does the "Free" in freegamedev just mean free-as-in-beer? If so, that's kinda sad. Imposing random morality restrictions implies that freedom is only available where it is made comfortable for some dominant group.
freelikegnu

Postby TheAncientGoat » 09 Jul 2011, 19:39

It doesn't mean free-as-in-beer at all. However, you do kind of have to obey the license of the stuff you're using, that's kind of the point of the exercise as well ;)
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Postby amuzen » 10 Jul 2011, 00:38

IANAL but the license doesn't say that a human character shall not be portrayed in the close proximity of an eel or some such thing. Neither the license nor the FAQ specify what constitutes a "derogatory action" and there's certainly nothing in either that explicitly supports the claim that you can't use CC-BY-SA in a sexual context. They leave the exact definition to the jurisdiction of the original author.

At least from what I understand, the word "derogatory" doesn't carry a generic meaning that's strongly related to sexuality. In the context of the license, a "derogatory action" means an attack toward someone's person with the purpose of making them look bad, I think. That'd generally mean something like plastering the work with some "$AUTHOR sucks". It's not a clear cut issue whether using a piece of art in a sexual context constitutes a derogatory action toward the original author.

Whether using a piece of art in a sexual context is a license violation is an even more difficult question. For that to be the case, the jurisdiction of the original author must say that it's possible. The original author must feel that the piece of art is reproduced in a way that's an attack against their person. Finally, the author must be unwilling to resolve in the normal CC-BY-SA way: by asking their attribution to be removed.

Based on my limited understanding, I'd say that the statement that using CC-BY-SA content in a sexual context is a definite license violation is incorrect. It's a subjective issue that depends on, among other things, the situation and the opinions of the author. In the case of any art that I have created for LoS, it isn't a violation.
amuzen
LoS Moderator

Postby charlie » 10 Jul 2011, 21:46

freelikegnu {l Wrote}:Maybe this is a little tangential to the original post but, does the "Free" in freegamedev just mean free-as-in-beer? If so, that's kinda sad. Imposing random morality restrictions implies that freedom is only available where it is made comfortable for some dominant group.

No, free in freegamedev is about Free software, free-as-in-speech.

You are posting a little off-topic for Lips of Suna, you should post this in forum feedback, so I might this.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator