[Closed] Need a run animation for Tux from SuperTux

[Closed] Need a run animation for Tux from SuperTux

Postby onpon4 » 11 Sep 2015, 22:42

I'm looking to pay for someone to do a run animation for Tux the penguin, based on these sprites:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/dpm2yj

These are based on the Tux sprites from SuperTux 0.3.0. Each animation consists of a body part, and an arm part which is placed on top of the body part. The arm part is sometimes replaced with other arms to accommodate certain situations (currently only the "grab" arm, used when Tux is holding an item).

I will be using these sprites for a game I'm developing called ReTux. You can find out more about the game, and find videos of the game being played, on this page:

https://onpon4.github.io/games/retux/

However, this will also benefit the SuperTux project, should its developers choose to use the animation.

The run animation should either just work at any running speed, or be able to work at different running speeds by adjusting the animation rate. In ReTux, Tux runs at speeds between 240 pixels per second and 300 pixels per second, so the animation must be able to look good when Tux moves at speeds in those ranges. I would prefer there to be some wiggle room here if possible (so that the animation can be used with movement a bit faster than 300 pixels per second without looking silly).

Of course, since these Tux sprites from the SuperTux project are under the GNU GPL, you must also release this new run animation under the GNU GPL.

I'm not entirely sure what a reasonable price would be for this job, so this is negotiable, but I'm thinking of paying about $200 for this. I can pay through Paypal for sure. I should also be able to do a wire transfer or send bitcoin, if you would prefer one of those.

If you are interested in doing this, please send me an email:

onpon4@riseup.net

Alternatively, you can just reply to this topic. :)
onpon4