Audio for Video Games

Audio for Video Games

Postby YoreStudios » 29 Sep 2010, 03:30

hi

i am trying to build a Resume doing audio for video games. foley, ADR, sound design, mixing, anything audio. i have been considered by a few large video game companies, however havent quite made it. So i am trying to build experience on my own.

I unfortunately do not know how to program (yet) but am trying to learn more all the time. If anyone needs anything audio let me know and i would love to help and be a part of your project.

heres a link to my IMDB upon request so you know im not a joke.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2640620/

thanks!
YoreStudios

Re: Audio for Video Games

Postby Sindwiller » 13 Oct 2010, 19:26

Ah darn, why hasn't anybody noticed this thread? What a pity!

Welcome Brennan/YoreStudios! I hope you're still checking the forums. I think this forum might just be the right kind of stepping stone for you to find a suitable project and contribute to it!

What might look good on your resumé are contributions to projects who already have certain evident qualities. Many projects lack sounds, noises, dialogues and even simple taunts, but contributions to projects possessing a player base are more beneficial than others. NAEV, Tremulous and 0 A.D. seem like promising projects to me. There are numerous others. Can somebody else name a few?
My gamedesign blawg!
<remaxim>well, it is called freegamedev... means you develop games for other people for free xD

.Net/Mono is a rabid beast cursed with M$-specific limitations and sh*t. XNA isn't much better. Remember that, kids.
Sindwiller

Postby BartK » 13 Oct 2010, 19:26

Greets!

OpenGameArt.org could use your help, if you're so inclined. :)

http://opengameart.org

Peace,
Bart K.
OpenGameArt.org
Free, legal art for Open Source game projects
BartK
Community Moderator

Postby YoreStudios » 16 Oct 2010, 01:02

Thanks Guys!!

thats what i thought. i would love to be a part of some cool projects. ive done a lot of film and TV work and i really need to make that jump.

i am learning FMOD and Unreal right now along with c++ trying to be as well rounded as possible.
YoreStudios

Postby Skorpio » 19 Oct 2010, 13:41

Would you like to produce some sounds for OpenDungeons? Here's a list of needed sounds: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=508

Development is slow atm, because our programmer is studying again. And we have no support for sounds yet, so we won't be able to test the sounds in-game.
Skorpio
OD Moderator

Postby Sindwiller » 20 Oct 2010, 18:18

Perhaps OSARE or the like?

Anyway, find an interesting project - the more you like it, the better ;) - and either write an e-mail to the main developer (given that the project is a small one conducted by a single person, which, for example, is the case for OSARE), or post in the developer forums or mailinglist regarding what you want to do and what they would like to see :)
My gamedesign blawg!
<remaxim>well, it is called freegamedev... means you develop games for other people for free xD

.Net/Mono is a rabid beast cursed with M$-specific limitations and sh*t. XNA isn't much better. Remember that, kids.
Sindwiller

Postby YoreStudios » 22 Oct 2010, 19:44

@Skorpio- i havw actually been talking to svenskmand over google chat, you you two working together?

i can see if i can squeeze some time to throw down those SFX, shouldnt be too hard.

@Sindwiller thanks for the tip, i'll cruise over to that site right now actually.
YoreStudios

Postby Skorpio » 22 Oct 2010, 21:48

Yep, we're a team. It's really nice that you want to help us. :)
Skorpio
OD Moderator