Composer/audio guy looking for a project

Composer/audio guy looking for a project

Postby vaev » 20 Jan 2012, 13:08

First of all, some of my publicized private work can be found in www.mikseri.net/tilipitappi . My game music career isn't very long, only attended two game jams and composed some related work.

I'm looking for a project that needs mainly small orchestrations as music. I'm not very familiar with synthesized music even though you can find some of my attempts on that area on the site. I'm an audio engineering student, which gives me a reasonable skill set to contribute in general audio design too.

Software wise I'm packing licensed FL Studio, Image-Line's Varazdin Orchestral instrument pack and Best Service's Galaxy Pianos II pack (which is not reflected on the work on the site yet). The synthesized work on the site is made with free synths, so licensing/legal aspects of my work shouldn't be an issue.

Please reply here or on Freenode IRC network to vaev.
vaev

Re: Composer/audio guy looking for a project

Postby Edward_Lii » 25 Jan 2012, 18:07

Hello vaev,

vaev {l Wrote}:I'm looking for a project that needs mainly small orchestrations as music. I'm not very familiar with synthesized music even though you can find some of my attempts on that area on the site. I'm an audio engineering student, which gives me a reasonable skill set to contribute in general audio design too.

I'm wondering if you would like to create the music for MeAndMyShadow.
The current music that is used for all the releases turns out to be non-free and thus not usable.

I've listened to some of your samples on your site and I have the feeling you can make suitable music.
Synthesized music wouldn't fit the game, so that's a plus.

It doesn't have to reassemble the original music so feel free to what you think is best. :)

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask (although I'm not sure I can answer them all. ;) )
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby vaev » 04 Feb 2012, 09:05

Hi, sorry I haven't checked the forums for a while since I already signed up for making music for Lips of Suna. I'll have a look at your project though, and see what I can do. Do you have a channel in IRC for the project I could join to discuss it?
vaev

Postby ctdabomb » 04 Feb 2012, 17:18

yes there is a new IRC channel on freenode called #meandmyshadow
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb