houses needed

houses needed

Postby rogerdv » 27 Jan 2011, 16:41

Im about to release a tech preview and I need some medieval house models, if possible, made with Blender, normal map not required, but would be nice. So far, I havent seen a good one in OGA (I have to search again). Any contribution (model, link) is welcome.
rogerdv

Re: houses needed

Postby Julius » 27 Jan 2011, 18:59

The ones in Summoning Wars are quite horrible, but might do the trick. Otherwise the ones in the Weaver screenshots recently featured on FG look nice, but I am not sure about the license and they are probably in .map format. Hmm not sure about http://jcrpg.blogspot.com/ but they might have some in their repository too.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby charlie » 27 Jan 2011, 19:47

Perhaps the Ryzom or Peragro Tempus projects would be a good place to look?

www.peragro.org
www.ryzom.org

Also Widelands has a number of medieval buildings although they are a little stylized.

www.widelands.org
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby sfb » 31 Jan 2011, 15:55

charlie {l Wrote}:Perhaps the Ryzom or Peragro Tempus projects would be a good place to look?

You can always check Ryzom Asset Repository but with regards to tagging constructions this has done a somewhat poor job and not all of the building previews have been generated. You may be better off downloading the Ryzom Asset Package but be warned - it's a 7z that is around 1.4Gb in total size. If you download this you will want to look in the following locations:

• Stuff\Fyros\Decors\Constructions - desert themed
  • Stuff\Matis\Decors\Constructions - forest themed.
  • Stuff\Tryker\Decors\Constructions - beach/ocean themed.
  • Stuff\Zorai\Decors\Constructions - jungle themed.
  • Stuff\Generique\Decors\Constructions - everything else.

There's also some buildings in prime_racines (prime roots) but these are unique underground cavern style buildings and mostly ruins. Very much like charlie's comment about Widelands, Ryzom art tends to be stylized towards Ryzom. But if some of the assets can act as decent placeholders in the mean time it is certainly better than "coder art."
sfb