Bug when constructing Library ROOM :D

Bug when constructing Library ROOM :D

Postby paul424 » 02 Jul 2014, 15:25

Well so far , after the merge in on the development branch if I try to build a library I get " Unkown RenderRequest " seems you created some new RR last time , right Bertram ?
Here's video : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20objt_buggyod_videogames
paul424
OD Moderator

Re: Bug when constructing Library ROOM :D

Postby Bertram » 03 Jul 2014, 09:22

Good catch! :)
Well, I didn't add a render request recently but in fact removed one. ;) (Linked to the coloring of tiles) and your video is showing that part working.
May it be there is a model lacking? Could I have the full log and backtrace?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 03 Jul 2014, 10:01

in his video before putting the whole libary down one of the tiles is green but not claimed, maybe that the culprit?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 03 Jul 2014, 11:02

I think not because usually that glitch comes from the fact that the colourValue of the tile is too high to not be colored and too low to be set to claimed, while the build room function check for the ground tile type.
More simply put, I had the same situation several times and it never crashed for me. And I was able to put library rooms without crashes so far.
the glitch seen on the ground color should be fixed of course, though.

I do believe the cause may be more a missing model and/or a missing material file there for any reason.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 03 Jul 2014, 12:21

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
Processing deletion queues on turn 182: 
During this turn there were 122 calls to GameMap::path().

ERROR:Unhandled render request!

Starting creature AI for turn 183
Processing deletion queues on turn 183: 
During this turn there were 116 calls to GameMap::path().
Starting creature AI for turn 184
Processing deletion queues on turn 184: 
During this turn there were 126 calls to GameMap::path().Mesh: Loading Library.mesh.
An internal Ogre3D error ocurred: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource Library.mesh in resource group Autodetect or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/sinbad-ogre-dd30349ea667/OgreMain/src/OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
Internal Ogre3D exception: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource Library.mesh in resource group Autodetect or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/sinbad-ogre-dd30349ea667/OgreMain/src/OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)
*** ERROR: Internal Ogre3D exception: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource Library.mesh in resource group Autodetect or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/sinbad-ogre-dd30349ea667/OgreMain/src/OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 756)

Me dumbo , of course , how it happens there ins not Library.mesh in the svn repository yet?
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 03 Jul 2014, 14:53

Must be my fault, the syncing was a huge task this time when speaking to art so I may have forgotten the mesh file, while I remember clearly adding the corresponding texture.
I'll recheck and add what's missing asap.

That's the main reason I'm praising adding the data files (not their source, of course) to git/ so people can update both data and the code within the same commit, as it is commonly done in many projects.

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 06 Jul 2014, 22:01

I've uploaded the library ground tile model and textures on SVN. The crash shouldn't happen anymore now.
Bertram
VT Moderator