[Bug] Camera keys not reacting right

[Bug] Camera keys not reacting right

Postby svenskmand » 13 Aug 2011, 11:53

The camera movement is acting weird, when trying to move the camera up and down using q and e all it does is move a little bit in the right direction, say down and then just as much up again, or vice-versa. Also when moving the camera using the asdw keys then say you move left using a for some time, then if you move say right using d the camera first moves allot in the previous direction, i.e. left and then begins to move in the intended direction, i.e. right. This is the same behavior when moving in other directions, i.e. when you move in a new direction then the camera will move allot in the previous direction and then begin to move in the new direction.
Jamendo.com - The best music store on the net, uses CC licenses.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Re: [Bug] Camera keys not reacting right

Postby StefanP.MUC » 15 Aug 2011, 11:09

I'll have a look at this now.

edit: Found the location, Looking for a fix now.
StefanP.MUC

Postby StefanP.MUC » 15 Aug 2011, 11:47

Fixed. The problem was my new check if the camera moves at all (to prevent the lengthy calculation being executed when not needed). When the user stopped pressing the key, the movement was set to zero and so the movement for the final "fade out" was pushed back to the next movement phase.

I simply removed the check again. This is not ideal, performance wise, but I plan to do some rewrite of the movements anyways, than I'll do it all together at once.
StefanP.MUC

Postby svenskmand » 15 Aug 2011, 12:40

Also I would be nice to be able to rotate the camera on z and c and not just delete and page down.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby StefanP.MUC » 15 Aug 2011, 12:54

I'm not sure if it's worth to add all the hardcoded buttons now if we will have user definable keys in the future anyways.

With "z" there's also the problem that for example German keyboards have "y" and "z" switched.
StefanP.MUC

Postby svenskmand » 15 Aug 2011, 14:08

Yes but are we planing to do it soon? It would be nice, but we would have to make a menu to configure keys so it will probably take some time to make.
svenskmand
OD Moderator

Postby StefanP.MUC » 15 Aug 2011, 14:24

I'm hoping that the new universal editor from the CEGUI guys will allow us to significantly speed up the creation of our menus. The actual coding part shouldn't take to much time copared to the gui part (switch() over the buttons and a std::map<button, action> or something).
StefanP.MUC

Postby svenskmand » 15 Aug 2011, 14:42

The thing that really takes time is the looknfeel file which is humongous, and they do not have a editor for that yet :( But hopefully your right :)
svenskmand
OD Moderator