Compiling under OS X [needs compilers/testing]

Re: Compiling under OS X

Postby Socapex » 27 Feb 2013, 04:48

Oh I thought this was a recent thread, sorry. When working with porting to OS X, I recommend skipping the makefile completely and building with Xcode simply because if the person wants to eventually maintain and distribute a port, they will need Xcode anyways. So building using bash is nice and all, but OS X users (like windows) don't want to do that, they expect a working binary (as they should I guess :) ).

Small and clean makefiles are nice, I simply have seen way too many where modifying them was longer than starting from scratch in Xcode. Anyways, if Knitter eventually wants to build linwarrior, I wouldn't mind helping out at all. As for me, I'm super busy right now and am kinda already working on 2 projects. Maybe Knitter will pop up again? ;) ;)
Socapex

Re: Compiling under OS X

Postby Knitter » 27 Feb 2013, 10:27

Socapex {l Wrote}:Anyways, if Knitter eventually wants to build linwarrior, I wouldn't mind helping out at all. As for me, I'm super busy right now and am kinda already working on 2 projects. Maybe Knitter will pop up again? ;) ;)

It's on my list of things to do, I wasn't a XCode user when I was looking into Linwarrior and had no experience with the tools, I'm slowly getting to be more of an XCode user (due to working with Objective-C) but I still don't get much of it and I don't know if the last versions work properly with C++ (most of the options I had for that just disappeared).

I would greatly appreciate help on this but I too am a bit busy with my current job and thus my work on Linwarrior was left behind, I'll post questions/updates when/if I get them :)
Knitter