Heavy mech sketch

Heavy mech sketch

Postby Julius » 31 Aug 2013, 14:59

Finally uploaded my mech-sketch to OGA:

http://opengameart.org/content/unfinished-mech-sketch

It's not really usable as of yet, but maybe you find some use for it.
Julius
Community Moderator

Re: Heavy mech sketch

Postby hc » 01 Sep 2013, 20:17

nice! :)
github.com/hackcraft-de
hackcraft.de
hc
LW3D Moderator

Postby cdxbow » 07 Sep 2013, 02:56

I take the fusion cutter to Gabriellas mek, hot plasma burns quickly through the hull. Take that girl, finally revenge, served hot. Despite the plasma burns to my hands I can't stop, I am like a madman. Finished with my first meka-slaughter, I turn the fusion cutter to the legs of another meka, the Julius. Ugly legs, off they come. Now the Frankenmek starts to take shape. It takes all day, but finally the nanobots finish the union. Magnificent. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the JCM 01.

Image3.jpg

youtu.be/q_0ZMqCVFN0 Now when something is made in a moment of madness like this there are sometimes still a few, eh, issues. The torso needs to rigged a bit better, the head does funny things at times. This chassis has the left/right export issue, ie the md5 don't turn when exported to RE/MekArcade. I don't know what format LW uses but in the zip there is a an smd reference and a basic walk animation (only easy way back to blender), an obj of the mesh and a milkshape file with single animation. Note the models have chicken feat, not boxy shoes like the vid. I am trying to work out which looks better.
jcm01.zip
(688.54 KiB) Downloaded 964 times
Feel free to use as you wish. I think Julius is OK with C&C licence. When I fix the all the issues I will post it with all animations and a sample md5 export.
cdxbow

Postby Julius » 07 Sep 2013, 20:28

heh, pretty cool, although I can hardly recognize it anymore ;)
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby cdxbow » 08 Sep 2013, 00:45

Julius {l Wrote}:heh, pretty cool, although I can hardly recognize it anymore

I reckon about 45% of your model is still there. All the top half, and if memory serves me correctly, with only a little trim of the arms. Are you happy with C&C licence?
cdxbow

Postby Julius » 08 Sep 2013, 14:40

C&C?

As by the licenses shown on the OGA page, you are allowed to either use it under the terms of the "GPLv2 or later" (and) or the Creative Commons-Attribution-ShareAlike (3.0 or later) licenses.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby cdxbow » 09 Sep 2013, 00:22

I meant to write CC-SA
cdxbow