Changing mouse sensitivity

Changing mouse sensitivity

Postby qubodup » 04 Aug 2011, 20:35

How would I go about changing mouse sensitivity?

The current standard is way too slow for my taste.

I would suggest adding a command-line parameter for this.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Re: Changing mouse sensitivity

Postby hc » 05 Aug 2011, 20:29

Since it isn't an FPS-game it's not because of sensitivity - it's that the torso can't rotate that fast.
I tried to implant that feeling of heaviness a lot of people speak of in nostalgia...when complaining about how modern mech games feel like FPS-games.
Maybe I overdid it?

As for changing the steering speed you'd have to look at the rMobile component code (implementing vehicle mobility).
Watch out for steplimit in TowerLR TowerUD.
Right now a lot is hardcoded and because of recent demand I'm going to make mechs
a bit more configurable and "agility" is a good idea to add to the mech's configuration.

Other than that: For real sensitivity have a look at the main file where all input mapping (into the virtual gamepad) is done.
github.com/hackcraft-de
hackcraft.de
hc
LW3D Moderator

Postby qubodup » 06 Aug 2011, 03:13

It seems that right now the mouse-controlled movement is "move while mouse is moving at constant speed" but perhaps it should be "move until the position to which the mouse was moved is in the center"

This is MW4-like control behavior IIRC. I much prefer the MW3-like controls, where weapons could be moved/aimed individually, without moving the torso.

Is there a plan for what should work in LW?

About "simulating slowness" - it should be different for different mechs I'd say. Right now, torso/aim movement feels too slow, especially when compared to the movement speed (of the default mech).
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby hc » 06 Aug 2011, 08:26

Right speed, weight, etc should be different for different mechs.
But as everything is hardcoded right now..
My intention is to change that.

As for control schemes: Same matter.
Another speciality is that all input (keyboard, mouse, gamepad, ai-steering-whishes) is mapped to a virtual gamepad structure.
This virtual gamepad is then used by the mech to move.
Adding control-scheme attribute(s) to the gamepad (Pad.h) may tell the mech to interprete the input differently.
github.com/hackcraft-de
hackcraft.de
hc
LW3D Moderator