[MMORPG] Minecraft + The Sims + Civilization connection + ..

[MMORPG] Minecraft + The Sims + Civilization connection + ..

Postby Lachu » 14 Dec 2018, 17:54

I'm have an idea for impressing project and searching for people for collaboration. Idea is about makes massive multiplayer online rpg game... The game about live.
The game will be connection between civilization, Miecraft and the sims. We must implemented rather only The Sims and Miecraft, because the civilization part will be changeable across world reset and based on players. For example we don't need to use AI, because there will be only human players. Because that, we don't need to implement diplomacy. Simply: your king designates you to travel to other country and sign some tready. Content of pact will be written on book. Of course - we need to define macros by players, like put a letter and allow player to switch into writing mode or create this mode by our selves.

Conception is simple. When player creates an account, he decided to which fraction he/she would be an part. There will be fraction victory condition and players exp points. When fraction achieve an victory, some victory points would be distributed between players of this fraction + bonus after world reset will be given (players will retrieve this exp points after world reset of course). Players have also two other ways to gain exp. Each civilization can spend points received per day (constant amount and each civilization will get exactly the same amount of exp points per day) on research or give this points of exp to selected players. Leader will select destination of this point (The leader will be player, who gain most exp points by activating scripts in previous games for current nation; imagine we have four players: Polish with 10 exp, Polish with 20 exp, German with 7 exp and German with 21 exp - Polish with 20 exp will be leader of Poland and German with 21 exp will be leader of Germany in next game). Players will research technology or doing another task by making hidden action, defined by script. After each world reset another script set will be used, so player may guess what should do. But performing some action does not give 100% change for researching an technology. The change depends also on points given by leader onto this technology. Of course - having two people casting metal is always better than having only one, but we must have people to do more task like war, harvesting food, diplomacy and more. And of course - players may guess, which task give eureka effect for which technology and spend time for this.

To be fair to each player I decided that player decided, how many condition point he/she character have in character creation process. This points defines how many player can play per day without tired effect. But... You think everybody will sets max value. No! Player may choose value between 1 and 5 hours and how small the value is decides how many exp the player will have at beginning of world.So everybody will be happy. When some civilization achieve victory, player may change this value.

There could of course exists spies, etc. Players will look similar and there's no information about onto which fraction player belongs. Additionally, leader of different fraction could give us some exp points, so there might be a good reason to be trader. And of course, some amount of exp points will be moved across world reset.

I'm waiting for your suggestions/opinions and help in creating this game. First of all I don't have server to host such game.
Last edited by Lachu on 14 Dec 2018, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
Lachu

Re: [MMORPG] Minecraft + The Sims + Civilization connection

Postby Lachu » 14 Dec 2018, 17:57

Example of technologies and eureka:

(Magica world): Mixing fire + Water = Stone, so each building will receive + 10 hp.
Lachu

Postby Lachu » 15 Dec 2018, 11:29

I'm searching for 3d graphic developers and 3d models creators. I will also appreciate help from people knowing scripting language, because I must select on, integrate interpreter and write script on all world reset.
Lachu

Postby Julius » 15 Dec 2018, 14:19

Sounds good, what are you paying? /s
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby Lachu » 16 Dec 2018, 11:03

Julius {l Wrote}:Sounds good, what are you paying? /s

Ok. I understood. That should be an OpenSource and Free (in price) game, so I wouldn't pay for creation of it.
Lachu

Postby Andrettin » 16 Dec 2018, 14:55

Lachu {l Wrote}:Ok. I understood. That should be an OpenSource and Free (in price) game, so I wouldn't pay for creation of it.

You still need to make contributing to your (potential) game attractive, though. Game ideas exist aplenty... and potential contributors would need a reason to invest their time in your idea rather than on their own. What are you bringing to the table? For open-source games to get a prototype going, generally you need the project creator to at least be capable of taking care of the programming involved.

If you can program, then my recommendation (since you don't want to pay anyone to create the art) is to make your game in such a way as to not be dependent on art contributions to get off the ground. For example, use an artistic style for which you can find enough art on opengameart.com to use for your game.

Your game idea is very ambitious, so you need passion just as strong to create it, and the skills to match.
Andrettin
Wyrmsun Moderator

Postby Lachu » 16 Dec 2018, 16:00

Andrettin {l Wrote}:
Lachu {l Wrote}:Ok. I understood. That should be an OpenSource and Free (in price) game, so I wouldn't pay for creation of it.

You still need to make contributing to your (potential) game attractive, though. Game ideas exist aplenty... and potential contributors would need a reason to invest their time in your idea rather than on their own. What are you bringing to the table? For open-source games to get a prototype going, generally you need the project creator to at least be capable of taking care of the programming involved.

If you can program, then my recommendation (since you don't want to pay anyone to create the art) is to make your game in such a way as to not be dependent on art contributions to get off the ground. For example, use an artistic style for which you can find enough art on opengameart.com to use for your game.

Your game idea is very ambitious, so you need passion just as strong to create it, and the skills to match.

I'm not very good programmer/developer. I now study programming/project pattern and have known of x86 assembly (not needed), C and Python. I decide to use existing 3D game engine written in C or Python (for example I hear something about Panda 3D python game engine). Server at 100% will be written in C.

I think that project could earn money by providing F2P model. Of course, I use Free To Play model for default server - if somebody need, He/She can fork project and found own server. Maybe I will create lobby to search for alternative servers.

Meanwhile, I have to create other projects and study.
Lachu

Postby DrAltaica » 20 Feb 2019, 00:17

Where does the SIms come in?

A RTS without AI and just player controlled units Microsoft tried that with Allegiance. Unless you can afford a official Pokemon of Warcraft release you aren't going to have enough players to man all the units required to have a 4X gameplay.

You say Minecraft + The Sims + Civilization but describe Farmvill+SecondLife+Tribes
DrAltaica