Platform game idea

Platform game idea

Postby rudy85 » 29 Jun 2010, 09:22

I don't know anithing in coding and I've no time to help for graphism but I had an idea for a game ,I've never seen something like that :

The game could be a platform one which 2 (or more) players could challenge themself.
The first with a pad will controling an hero , the other with a mouse will place bonus and ennemies with the mouse (in a limited area).
This game will be played in the same time by the players , and the scrolling is automatic.
After they will change role and compare scores
STK 3D animation
My work is under the licence you want
rudy85

Re: Platform game idea

Postby TheAncientGoat » 29 Jun 2010, 14:27

Sort of like Transformice? Except that you can place enemies, of course. I'd love to see something like that done with open source software :)
TheAncientGoat
Community Moderator

Re: Platform game idea

Postby Julius » 29 Jun 2010, 16:32

Yeah transformice is an awesome game concept, especially since it also acts as a nice sociology experiment if played with a lot of players ;)

Here is a cool youtube vid of it btw:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJReZRji7tg

Edit: It would be sooo cool if someone would do a FOSS version with a 3D engine and f.e. Bullet physics (still in 2D view though). I would for sure try to contribute to that with models ;) I would do it with lemmings or so as the creatures however... makes it more epic! Hmm maybe with Syntensity as a showcase for Bullet integration and the 2D platformer code?
The problem is only that this game really lives from many players... and that could be difficult both from the engine standpoint as well as getting a playerbase :?

Edit2: Hmm or maybe to speed up development, with Yo Frankie characters http://www.yofrankie.org/gallery/ ? I think the sheep etc could be rather cool "mice" characters and the horned thing could be the shaman ;) As I said, if some code would make such a game with Syntensity, I would be more than willing to help getting these modes into the game (and add necessary stuff). Most of the other Yo Frankie artwork could be used too.
What is the status of the Bullet integration into syntensity?

Edit3: made a new topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=501&p=4979#p4979
Julius
Community Moderator