Steam Greenlight

Steam Greenlight

Postby TermiT » 25 Feb 2014, 07:57

Hi guys,

What do you think about aт idea to put the game on Steam Greenlight. The game still can be free, open source and NO DRM (DRM in Steam is optional), but with Steam audience you can increase a number of gamers, also you can add features like Steam Achievements and Steam Workshop for user levels and skins.

My company (General Arcade) worked on Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux and Marc Eckō's Getting Up for Steam. So I can help you with Steamworks integration and OSX builds.
TermiT

Re: Steam Greenlight

Postby Edward_Lii » 03 Mar 2014, 21:56

Hello TermiT,

Sorry for the late reply.

TermiT {l Wrote}:What do you think about aт idea to put the game on Steam Greenlight. The game still can be free, open source and NO DRM (DRM in Steam is optional), but with Steam audience you can increase a number of gamers, also you can add features like Steam Achievements and Steam Workshop for user levels and skins.

It's definitely an interesting idea, but I'm not sure Me & My Shadow is ready for such publishing.
Although there are a lot of Early Access and Beta games on Steam, I have the feeling that one would expect a full game.
Looking at the latest release (V0.4) there's a lot lacking that one would take for granted.

About adding features like steam achievements and workshop, that would require using the SteamWorks API.
And AFAIK our GPL code base isn't compatible. :|

Anyway, it might be something to look into for upcoming releases.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator