BUG: crates

BUG: crates

Postby Tedium » 02 Jul 2013, 20:53

Hello everyone,

Actual bug
I just noticed that whenever I push a series of crates with my shadow on top of it, my shadow will slide in the direction I'm pushing [EDIT: Only works when moving to the left :think:]. The crates themselves don't slide :think:.
This also happens the other way round :(. Here's the situation:

Slide.jpg
Slide.jpg (11.45 KiB) Viewed 7203 times

Additional suggestion
I would like to suggest that, to add more puzzle elements, the player or shadow can only slide single crates. Two or more crates next to each other should not be pushed by a single character.
I'm not sure if having both characters pushing two crates next to each other should result in movement of the crates. This will, however, add extra puzzle elements and an extra filter to ensure both characters are needed to progress (in a level).

Good luck debugging ;).
Tedium

Re: BUG: crates

Postby Edward_Lii » 06 Jul 2013, 12:11

Hello Tedium,

Tedium {l Wrote}:I just noticed that whenever I push a series of crates with my shadow on top of it, my shadow will slide in the direction I'm pushing [EDIT: Only works when moving to the left :think:]. The crates themselves don't slide :think:.
This also happens the other way round :(.

Thanks for reporting this bug, I'll see what I can do about it.

There are still a lot of issues with pushable blocks. :(
They share the same collision/movement code as the player, but this assumes that all other blocks have moved.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Re: BUG: crates

Postby Tedium » 11 Jul 2013, 03:20

Edward_Lii {l Wrote}:There are still a lot of issues with pushable blocks. :(

I found out that the shadow character is "stronger" than your character :o!
This is the situation:

Me | Crate | Shadow

You're standing on one side of the crate and your shadow is standing on the opposite side.
You start pushing it to the right whilst your shadow is pushing it to the left, like so;

Me > Crate < Shadow

The player expects the forces to cancel each other out, but the shadow actually wins this test of strength :?. The crate will move to the left.
So the result is:

Me < Crate <<< Shadow

This also happens the other way round; when you're on the right and your shadow is on the left.
I suggest making these "forces" cancel each other out (So the crate won't move when pushed from both sides).
Tedium