translated into Czech

translated into Czech

Postby pecolmar » 22 Feb 2013, 12:55

Hello,
I am student at Czech Technical University in Prague and I have subject Open source programming. Your game is very a very fun and interseting. I'd like to help you in the localization of Me and My shadow to Czech language. This translation would be a of semester work Open source programming. I want to ask you if you agree with my proposal?
pecolmar

Re: translated into Czech

Postby Edward_Lii » 22 Feb 2013, 14:07

Hello pecolmar,

pecolmar {l Wrote}:I am student at Czech Technical University in Prague and I have subject Open source programming. Your game is very a very fun and interseting. I'd like to help you in the localization of Me and My shadow to Czech language. This translation would be a of semester work Open source programming. I want to ask you if you agree with my proposal?

Any kind of contribution is welcome and I'm glad you like the game. :)

There's a wiki page about Translating which should help you a bit:
http://meandmyshadow.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Translating
There are two translatable parts in me and my shadow, there's the game itself and its content (e.g. levelpacks).
I would recommend starting with translating the game followed by the tutorial levelpack.
The link above contains instruction where the .pot files can be found.

There is however a small problem, the last release (V0.4) has been released quite a while ago, but the next release isn't finished yet.
You could translate V0.4 and its levelpacks, but those translations can't be added to the download and it won't be (fully) usable in the next release since a lot has changed.
The latest svn version could also be translated, but there's no string freeze yet so strings can (and probably will) change. :|

Still I think it will be best to translate the latest svn, that way only the strings that change from that point will have to be updated.
Don't translate the tutorial, though, we are planning on redoing that completely.
I will update the messages.pot file in the next revision, this also means you will have to run the svn version.

Sorry for the long post, if you have any questions feel free to ask. ;)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator