Selection pop-up when configuring stacked blocks

Selection pop-up when configuring stacked blocks

Postby acme_pjz » 24 Jul 2012, 18:22

Hi Edward_Lii and other developers,

I have just implemented selection pop-up when configuring stacked blocks (ticker #37) in SVN r478. :) Please review and test the code, especially test some crazy conditions, for example select some blocks then open selection pop-up then press Delete or Ctrl+N or something else to add/remove blocks to see if it will crash...
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Re: Selection pop-up when configuring stacked blocks

Postby odamite » 24 Jul 2012, 21:18

Hello acme_pjz,

You've done great work on this and the earlier bug fix. But the problem is that we basically released tarball for 0.4 but it's not announced in public because there should be time to package it and everything. I'm not sure can your changed make it to the final release but they should because they bring much better user experience. :D

I tested this thing and it worked well! However there are couple of things: usability and translations. Some of the actions don't have an icon which makes them hard to see and use. Also you've created new strings like "Link" but we already had a string freeze and have plenty of translations finished. Finally the dialog should prevent using mouse to scroll the level view. Somebody (like me) might want to move the dialog in to a corner but this will cause unwanted scrolling.

On the whole very good work but we should fix these problems before move ahead on this.
odamite

Postby acme_pjz » 25 Jul 2012, 08:35

Hi odamite,

odamite {l Wrote}:But the problem is that we basically released tarball for 0.4 but it's not announced in public because there should be time to package it and everything. I'm not sure can your changed make it to the final release but they should because they bring much better user experience.

I see. So we should make sure it doesn't contain critical bugs...

odamite {l Wrote}:Some of the actions don't have an icon which makes them hard to see and use.

I don't know what you mean :| Every action has its icon: select, configure, link and delete, but some blocks can't be configured or linked, for example normal block, so I hide these icon on specific block types... do you mean this?

odamite {l Wrote}:Also you've created new strings like "Link" but we already had a string freeze and have plenty of translations finished.

Well, it's the only added string. I don't know if it's OK to leave it untranslated for now?

odamite {l Wrote}:Finally the dialog should prevent using mouse to scroll the level view. Somebody (like me) might want to move the dialog in to a corner but this will cause unwanted scrolling.

I see. I'll fix it now ;)
acme_pjz

Postby acme_pjz » 25 Jul 2012, 09:06

Fixed the map scroll in SVN r479. ;)
acme_pjz

Postby odamite » 25 Jul 2012, 11:00

Hi acme_pjz,

acme_pjz {l Wrote}:Fixed the map scroll in SVN r479. ;)

Good job! :)

acme_pjz {l Wrote}:I don't know what you mean :| Every action has its icon: select, configure, link and delete, but some blocks can't be configured or linked, for example normal block, so I hide these icon on specific block types... do you mean this?

It seems that the icons are from gui.png. Are you sure that you've commited your updated version in svn?

acme_pjz {l Wrote}:Well, it's the only added string. I don't know if it's OK to leave it untranslated for now?

We could make it translatable but we don't need to have it translated in all languages.
odamite

Postby acme_pjz » 25 Jul 2012, 13:22

odamite {l Wrote}:It seems that the icons are from gui.png. Are you sure that you've commited your updated version in svn?

Oops, forgot this file :oops: Committed in SVN r480.
acme_pjz