BUG: Squized back up from moving blocks

BUG: Squized back up from moving blocks

Postby anpaspat » 17 Jun 2012, 00:17

Hello again!

I noticed that if you fall between a stable block and a moving one that is coming to touch the solid block you die if there is not enough room for you to get through(you probably get squized to death). I think this is logical but sometimes it does not kill you, it just pusses you back up and leaves you floating at the edge of the solid block.
Maybe you could fix that.
anpaspat

Re: BUG: Squized back up from moving blocks

Postby Edward_Lii » 18 Jun 2012, 15:51

Hello anpaspat,

anpaspat {l Wrote}:I noticed that if you fall between a stable block and a moving one that is coming to touch the solid block you die if there is not enough room for you to get through(you probably get squized to death). I think this is logical but sometimes it does not kill you, it just pusses you back up and leaves you floating at the edge of the solid block.
Maybe you could fix that.

Thanks for reporting this bug, I've noticed it before but not sure what is causing this.

The current collision system depends on the order in which the blocks are in the levelobjects array.
This can cause different behaviour for similar cases, just like the other bug report about movingblock to normal block transition (link).
If we're going to rewrite/change the collision system we will make sure that both bugs will be fixed, but that won't be in V0.4.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator