Dutch translation

Dutch translation

Postby Tedium » 14 Apr 2012, 21:26

With the help of poEdit I've finally finished the dutch translation. Some buttons became quite long and may overlap. So here you go:

Nederlands.png
MeandMyShadow kan eindelijk in het Nederlands gespeeld worden :).
Attachments
nl.po.zip
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Tedium

Re: Dutch translation

Postby odamite » 15 Apr 2012, 09:08

Hello,

Great work Tedium. It's nice to have MeAndMyShadow available in multiple languages. Hopefully this will make the game easier and funnier for people. :)

Unfortunately you will probably have to update your translation in the future. Some strings might be changed or new added. And there is also the possibility to translate levelpacks. The most important one in my opinion is the tutorial. However it's always better if every default levelpack is translated.

I've also noticed some overlapping. We need to make UIs more dynamic somehow. Still will probably require changes in our widget system? Wouldn't it be smart if for example buttons didn't have input width, only position. Then width should be changed by the widget according to its label.

I would suggest to hold on translating for now. But thanks anyway for starting the translation work! :)
odamite

Re: Dutch translation

Postby Edward_Lii » 15 Apr 2012, 18:53

Hello Tedium,

Great work! :D

odamite {l Wrote}:I've also noticed some overlapping. We need to make UIs more dynamic somehow. Still will probably require changes in our widget system? Wouldn't it be smart if for example buttons didn't have input width, only position. Then width should be changed by the widget according to its label.

While this might work in some cases, buttons are often centered.
This can only work if we now the (relative) x location and the width. :think:
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator