Posssible Port to Sega Dreamcast

Posssible Port to Sega Dreamcast

Postby star-kron » 23 Mar 2012, 10:10

Hello Me & My Shadow Fans and Devs,

i just discovered this game and really like it. I've seen that u've already ported it to numerous plattforms and i wonder if u could create a version for the SEGA Dreamcast too.
Im part of the sega-dc.de team which is like the biggest active Dreamcast community in germany (of course u can post in english on our forums too) and i think a lot of people would love to see this on the console.
The dreamcast user base is very open minded (and international), the platform is easy to develop for (with open source tools already available) and it already is the home for lots of homebrew projects and even some indie-commercial stuff.
So i would be very happy if u could at least consider a port and have a short look at the possibilities u might have to do such a thing and increase the audience for this little gem.

Kind regards from Berlin, Germany

Roberto aka staR-Kron
star-kron

Re: Posssible Port to Sega Dreamcast

Postby Edward_Lii » 23 Mar 2012, 14:58

Hello star-kron,

star-kron {l Wrote}:i just discovered this game and really like it. I've seen that u've already ported it to numerous plattforms and i wonder if u could create a version for the SEGA Dreamcast too.
Im part of the sega-dc.de team which is like the biggest active Dreamcast community in germany (of course u can post in english on our forums too) and i think a lot of people would love to see this on the console.
The dreamcast user base is very open minded (and international), the platform is easy to develop for (with open source tools already available) and it already is the home for lots of homebrew projects and even some indie-commercial stuff.
So i would be very happy if u could at least consider a port and have a short look at the possibilities u might have to do such a thing and increase the audience for this little gem.

Most of the ports have been made by users/players of the game.
And I'm afraid we can't port the game to Dreamcast without the needed knowledge (and of course at least one Dreamcast device).

Perhaps a port can be created using an emulator (if those exist), but that isn't desirable.
I hope you understand that all the manpower we have will be focused on the main development of the game.

Unless someone steps in and ports it, I don't think a port will be there in the near future. :|

Anyway, thanks for you interest in the project. ;)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator