New moving block behaviour

New moving block behaviour

Postby Edward_Lii » 09 Mar 2012, 16:05

Hello all,

No more cheating with moving blocks! A new danger! Just in time for V0.3! :cool:
That's right, moving blocks can now be as lethal as spikes.

How? When you stand between a moving block and another block you will get squashed.
I think this behaviour is better than the previous one, it removes the possibility of cheating and it makes more sense than being moved above the block.

The changes are in svn revision 297 and of course this needs to be tested intensively.
(e.g. The last level of Castle Rescue needs to be fixed).

Feedback is welcome! :)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Re: New moving block behaviour

Postby Tedium » 09 Mar 2012, 18:12

Edward_Lii {l Wrote}:The changes are in svn revision 297 and of course this needs to be tested intensively.

"Level 8 The Dungeons" of your levelpack showed me a bug. Those snake blocks turned unexpectedly deadly :(. You can die without actually being squashed.
Tedium

Re: New moving block behaviour

Postby Edward_Lii » 09 Mar 2012, 18:20

Hello Tedium,

Tedium {l Wrote}:
Edward_Lii {l Wrote}:The changes are in svn revision 297 and of course this needs to be tested intensively.

"Level 8 The Dungeons" of your levelpack showed me a bug. Those snake blocks turned unexpectedly deadly :(. You can die without actually being squashed.

I was afraid this kind of bug would appear.

My idea was to implement an option for moving blocks to "remove" the ability to squash, this can be useful in this case but also in the last level of Castle Rescue.
The best solution however is fixing all bugs and making sure no false positives occur.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator