MeAndMyShadow V0.3 Release Candidate 1
    * Updated menu theme
    * Unique music (by vaev)
    * Per level statistics.
    * Configurable keys.
    * Joystick support.

Download:

Found bugs:
If you encounter any bugs see the Bug reporting wiki page.
Or if you want to give feedback see the Giving feedback page.

Screenshots:
ImageImage

Now it's time to package, play-test, bug-fix and promote the game for V0.3. :D
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Re: MeAndMyShadow V0.3 RC1

Postby odamite » 05 Mar 2012, 21:00

Yeah, the final version is getting closer! :D

I can build a package on my PPA but it's not so important. I should really focus on the trailer because lately I haven't got so much time for it. :)

I also think we need a little more levels because addons screen looks kind of empty. Or we can release 0.3 version and promote it well and then hope that some other people will make more levels. :)
odamite

Postby Edward_Lii » 05 Mar 2012, 21:04

Hello odamite,

odamite {l Wrote}:I can build a package on my PPA but it's not so important. I should really focus on the trailer because lately I haven't got so much time for it. :)

Still so much to do before V0.3 :p
I'll try to make packages for openSUSE and some other RPM based distros.

I've been looking at making Linux binaries, but that's quite a hassle.
One option is bundling the libraries with the binary, but I'm not keen on that.
Any suggestions on how to tackle that?

odamite {l Wrote}:I also think we need a little more levels because addons screen looks kind of empty. Or we can release 0.3 version and promote it well and then hope that some other people will make more levels. :)

I would also like to see more levels for meandmyshadow, but hopefully plenty will be made when 0.3 is released.
That's the point of the addon manager to add new content without updating the game. ;)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby odamite » 05 Mar 2012, 21:20

Hello Edward_Lii,

Edward_Lii {l Wrote}:I've been looking at making Linux binaries, but that's quite a hassle.
One option is bundling the libraries with the binary, but I'm not keen on that.
Any suggestions on how to tackle that?

I can't see any other option that including all the libraries statically in executable.
If you're going to do so I'm suggesting to turn off all unused features when compiling libraries. This way it's going to be smaller of course. :)

I'm not sure do we have to have a linux binary? If we had packages for all major distros so most users wouldn't need this. But anyway it's good to be there because not everyone is using major distro or can compile this game. :)
odamite

Postby Edward_Lii » 06 Mar 2012, 15:12

Hello riksweeney,

riksweeney {l Wrote}:I use rpmbuild on Ubuntu to create an RPM file and then use alien to convert it into a deb file. I'm pretty sure all you need to do is install rpmbuild, tar up your source files, create a few directories and then run rpmbuild as root. I can supply a couple of scripts to show you what I currently do if you want.

Thanks for your suggestions, but I built rpm packages using the openSUSE Build Service and that's working fine.

The problem isn't the packaging for Linux itself but more the distributing a binary that can be ran on different Linux distros.
This can be useful in case of non .rpm/.deb based distros (e.g. Slackware) and when users don't have root access to the machine.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. :)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby acme_pjz » 06 Mar 2012, 15:37

Hi Edward_Lii,

Win32 archive is uploaded to SourceForge :) As for the Linux binary, how about static binary like SuperTuxKart one?
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Postby Edward_Lii » 06 Mar 2012, 15:49

Hello acme_pjz,

acme_pjz {l Wrote}:Win32 archive is uploaded to SourceForge :) As for the Linux binary, how about static binary like SuperTuxKart one?

I saw the Win32 zip, about looking at how SuperTuxKart does it isn't such a bad idea.
I'll see if I can figure it out. ;)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator