New Wiki skin

New Wiki skin

Postby Edward_Lii » 03 Mar 2012, 10:02

Hello all,

I've made a skin for the meandmyshadow wiki to make it fit better with the rest of the site.
At first I removed the side-bars and made the buttons at the top of the content div for navigation.
Although this looked quite nice and simple it made the wiki look too much like the rest of the site.

I've attached a screenshot of the old wiki skin and on of the new one. The skin is also set as the default skin on the wiki now.
So every wiki page you visit should show the new skin:
http://meandmyshadow.sourceforge.net/wiki/

Feedback is welcome! :)
Attachments
OldWiki.png
NewWiki.png
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Re: New Wiki skin

Postby odamite » 03 Mar 2012, 13:49

Hello,

Great work Edward_Lii! It's looking much better now. :D

Sadly on my computer it isn't working so well:
Main Page - MeAndMyShadow.png

As you can see that the sidebar is under the main content area. On other hand it creates an interesting effect but that search bar doesn't fit in. Also why there are two search bars? I think that the search in sidebar could be removed. Also I don't the look of titles in the sidebar. I think they should have a line below them like those headers of wiki pages and start with capital.

One last thing: I think there should be a way to get to the main website. For example a link in navigation sidebar of "back" text in top left corner. I would like to see these changes. :)
odamite

Postby Edward_Lii » 03 Mar 2012, 14:02

Hello odamite,

odamite {l Wrote}:Great work Edward_Lii! It's looking much better now. :D

Thanks

odamite {l Wrote}:Sadly on my computer it isn't working so well:

Which browser do you use? (And which version of it?)

odamite {l Wrote}:As you can see that the sidebar is under the main content area. On other hand it creates an interesting effect but that search bar doesn't fit in. Also why there are two search bars? I think that the search in sidebar could be removed. Also I don't the look of titles in the sidebar. I think they should have a line below them like those headers of wiki pages and start with capital.

One last thing: I think there should be a way to get to the main website. For example a link in navigation sidebar of "back" text in top left corner. I would like to see these changes. :)

Thanks for you feedback, I'll remove the search bar from the sidebar.
I agree with you on the titles, they should be bigger and start with a capital.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby MCMic » 03 Mar 2012, 14:07

What are these old screenshots doing there xD
MCMic

Postby Edward_Lii » 03 Mar 2012, 14:13

Hello MCMic,

MCMic {l Wrote}:What are these old screenshots doing there xD

I've added them once but never took the time changing them back.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby Edward_Lii » 03 Mar 2012, 15:24

Hello all,

I've fixed the issues, the content div isn't centered any more. (It wasn't really visible on resolutions lower than 1920x1080).
If you still see the old one that can be because the page is cached, so either log-in or go to a page that doesn't exist or hasn't been viewed recently.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator