Levelpack: Castle Rescue

Levelpack: Castle Rescue

Postby Edward_Lii » 01 Mar 2012, 12:03

Hello all,

I've made a new levelpack named Castle Rescue.
The princess is trapped in the castle and it's your goal to rescue her.
CastleRescue.png

• 12 levels
  • Small story
  • Target times and number of recordings
  • Boss battle. :D

It's not attached to this post since it's available through the addon manager.

Feedback is welcome! :)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Re: Levelpack: Castle Rescue

Postby MCMic » 01 Mar 2012, 12:29

Great!
I'm gonna play this tonight :-)
MCMic

Postby odamite » 01 Mar 2012, 15:50

Hello Edward_Lii,

This levelpack is awesome! :D

I really like the story telling and the boss. :cool: It's quite challenging and I got almost every map bronze. It fun to play but I think that targets are little too high. This is just my opinion...

There's one thing I noticed while playing this levelpack. I would be nice to have some more variation in all levels. For example there could be background block for indoor areas and some more special blocks. Also I got this idea of having different kind of dangerous blocks like sawblades. This is just an idea but I think would be levels more interesting.

But thank you very much for this level pack! I'm waiting for the story to continue. :)
odamite

Postby Edward_Lii » 01 Mar 2012, 15:57

Hello odamite,

odamite {l Wrote}:This levelpack is awesome! :D

Thanks.

odamite {l Wrote}:I really like the story telling and the boss. :cool: It's quite challenging and I got almost every map bronze. It fun to play but I think that targets are little too high. This is just my opinion...

They are quite difficult, and I think it's better to try to beat the target time and the target number of recordings in separate gos.
But perhaps making them slightly easier will make it less of a pain to get them?

odamite {l Wrote}:There's one thing I noticed while playing this levelpack. I would be nice to have some more variation in all levels. For example there could be background block for indoor areas and some more special blocks. Also I got this idea of having different kind of dangerous blocks like sawblades. This is just an idea but I think would be levels more interesting.

I once thought of that too, it's more something for a later release.
A system where an image could be used as background or foreground.
Giving blocks special appearances, perhaps we can achieve this by allowing a levelpack to contain a "theme file" in them that could override/extend the installed themes.

This can still be ignored by unchecking the level themes option in the settings menu.

odamite {l Wrote}:But thank you very much for this level pack! I'm waiting for the story to continue. :)

I'll see what I can come up with. ;)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby MCMic » 01 Mar 2012, 21:03

Great pack :-)
There are several levels I managed to do only thanks to collision bugs thought…

The notifications should be reworked so that they don't need activation, they should show on the bottom of the screen when the player is on the block with the notification without pressing any button imho.
MCMic

Postby odamite » 01 Mar 2012, 21:27

Hello MCMic,

MCMic {l Wrote}:The notifications should be reworked so that they don't need activation, they should show on the bottom of the screen when the player is on the block with the notification without pressing any button imho.

Actually there was a discussion on IRC some time ago. It would be also great if notification block showed a layer which could have images and text items. This could be very useful for the tutorial levels. But I think this isn't going to make to next 0.3 release.
odamite

Postby MCMic » 01 Mar 2012, 23:39

Well for now, if they could just use a layout close to the one that is used between levels for the menu.
MCMic

Postby Edward_Lii » 02 Mar 2012, 09:35

Hello MCMic,

MCMic {l Wrote}:Well for now, if they could just use a layout close to the one that is used between levels for the menu.

That isn't such a bad idea, my only concern is that it can make some parts hard to see, then again the it's slightly transparent.
I'll see what I can do. ;)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby ctdabomb » 18 Apr 2012, 13:55

how are you supposed to beat level 5? the first tower
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby Edward_Lii » 18 Apr 2012, 14:20

Hello ctdabomb,

ctdabomb {l Wrote}:how are you supposed to beat level 5? the first tower

Your shadow can reach three buttons, the first one opens the gate.
The other two are used to move two different elevators up.

After opening the gate let the player stand on the right elevator and let the shadow stand on the most right button.
The elevator will raise and when your going to hit spikes move the shadow to the left on to the other button.
Now the left elevator will go up, when you can jump on it, eventually you're going to hit some spikes above, before that happens let your shadow go back to the most right button.
And when you can jump on the right elevator, do so.

Do the other spike obstacles the same way, eventually you'll need to stand on the right elevator which will stop at the top of the tower, there's the exit.

Hope this helps. ;)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby tomreyn » 22 May 2012, 12:23

I'm stuck on the second tower (level 7), in its very beginning.

I'm pretty sure I need to move either me or my shadow (more likely my shadow actually) up on top of the tower by means of the light and dark moving blocks. And without getting killed by the moving blocks. The only way I could think of this working out is me standing on the light moving block, and have my shadow jump on top of me, then somehow have my shadow jump onto the dark moving block above before it gets squished.
But this seems to be technically impossible, or my fingers are too thick...

Any hints?

Edit: MCMic helped me there. :) So I was not entirely wrong, jumping is involved (but not sideways). But also the switch. And on a side note, should you ever be falling, you can change the direction you are falling in by using the arrow keys. Clearly this level is where things start getting way more difficult. It would be nice to have some checkpoints there.
tomreyn

Postby PampoKiraly » 05 Jun 2020, 09:31

Hello!
I already played this levelpack before, but it seems like that the boss fight doasent seems to be working in the newest versions (not sure... i havent tested it on older versions).

Can you fix this please? I really enjoy playing this levelpack :)

(sorry for my english....)
PampoKiraly