Some ideas of new blocks

Some ideas of new blocks

Postby acme_pjz » 16 Jan 2012, 08:49

Hi everyone,

I have an idea: zero-gravity and anti-gravity blocks, when part of player or shadow is in the block then the gravity becomes zero or negative. I don't know if it's a good idea, and feedbacks are welcome :)

Another idea is a block which will turn to normal block if the player walks on it, and turn to shadow block if the shadow walks on it.
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Re: Some ideas of new blocks

Postby ctdabomb » 16 Jan 2012, 15:58

acme_pjz {l Wrote}:Another idea is a block which will turn to normal block if the player walks on it, and turn to shadow block if the shadow walks on it.

like when some one walks over it the block switches over to a shadow block or vice-versa?
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby Edward_Lii » 16 Jan 2012, 16:56

Hello all,

acme_pjz {l Wrote}:I have an idea: zero-gravity and anti-gravity blocks, when part of player or shadow is in the block then the gravity becomes zero or negative. I don't know if it's a good idea, and feedbacks are welcome :)

It sounds interesting, but it will be hard to visualize?
And I'm not sure how to use it in a puzzle, but it gave me an idea:

An ice/slippy block, you can not stand still on it but slide over it.

acme_pjz {l Wrote}:Another idea is a block which will turn to normal block if the player walks on it, and turn to shadow block if the shadow walks on it.

That's a good one, I imagine the player standing on such block and falling through it the moment the shadow steps on it. ;)
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby MCMic » 16 Jan 2012, 18:07

I'm not sure I like these ideas…
MCMic

Postby Edward_Lii » 16 Jan 2012, 18:37

Hello MCMic,

MCMic {l Wrote}:I'm not sure I like these ideas…

I think I know what you mean and kind of feel the same way about them.
Somehow the blocks don't fit the theme of meandmyshadow, especially the slippery block.

The block that changes when the shadow or player stands on it does however fit quite well IMHO.
From,
Edward_Lii
Edward_Lii
MnMS Moderator

Postby MCMic » 17 Jan 2012, 09:21

Yes, you need puzzle elements that uses the shadow.
However this idea of block that change color seems pretty hard to understand for the player and pretty hard to use for level makers.

I'd go for a block where only one player can stand at the same time. Some sort of fragile block that only supports the player weight. (or its shadow weight)
MCMic