Problem compiling V0.2rc1

Re: MeAndMyShadow V0.2 RC1

Postby qwanom » 08 Mar 2012, 21:51

Edward_Lii {l Wrote}:Hello ctdabomb,

ctdabomb {l Wrote}:...
Could NOT find CURL (missing: CURL_LIBRARY CURL_INCLUDE_DIR)

This means that libcurl-dev or libcurl-devel is not installed.
You should be able to install it using your system package manager.

Also I got the same error as were posted by ctdabomb. To fix that error, I installed through Synaptic Package Manager libcurl4-gnutls-dev and libcurl4-gnutls. Then I navigate to my "meandmyshadow" directory by command cd in terminal, and used the commands cmake . and make, this time without any error, then I run this wonderful game by typing a command ./meandmyshadow
Thank you again, Edward_Lii!
Mint 9 Isadora x64=Ubuntu 10.04, Asus M2N-E SLI, Athlon 64X2 4000+[2.11GHz], 2GB DDR2, GPU: GeForce Palit GTS 250 E-Green 1GB.
qwanom

Re: Problem compiling V0.2rc1

Postby odamite » 10 Mar 2012, 21:07

Hello qwanom,

I'm glad you're enjoying the game. There will be a new release 0.3 coming out some time soon. A release candidate was already release which is basically a version for developers, level makers and testers. Feel free to try it out and tell us what you think. You must compile it yourself for now but I know you can do it. :) I'm also experimenting with creating a PPA for this game which will help more people to play it! :D
odamite

Re: Problem compiling V0.2rc1

Postby qwanom » 11 Mar 2012, 21:39

odamite {l Wrote}:Hello qwanom,

...There will be a new release 0.3 coming out some time soon. A release candidate was already release...

Very nice! I compiled it, looks nice and the music is better (what I'm saying?The music from v0.2 I liked too), also the game Menu have now very nice look. Other thing I liked is making a time record system (in most of cases I have bronze and silver, and a few gold stars :) ) Also the clouds are darker and more gray in V0.3rc. One thing I liked more in V0.2rc1 is the fonts, in 0.3 they are smaller and the game tips words (sorry don't know how to say it correctly) look not so nice (sorry this is not a cons, only my opinion).
Conclusion: Nice Work! Keep that way!
Mint 9 Isadora x64=Ubuntu 10.04, Asus M2N-E SLI, Athlon 64X2 4000+[2.11GHz], 2GB DDR2, GPU: GeForce Palit GTS 250 E-Green 1GB.
qwanom