About the situation of web translation platform

About the situation of web translation platform

Postby acme_pjz » 30 Jun 2019, 02:50

Hi all,

Currently we are using Hosted Weblate for web-based translation of Me and My Shadow.

Unfortunately, recently it seems that the platform failed to update the source strings from the git master branch. For example, now the messages.pot contains 552 strings, which can also be confirmed on the Weblate information page: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/me- ... nformation . However, the online translation screen is stuck at 496 strings: https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/me- ... ns/source/ .

I had already sent three letters to them a week ago, but till now I haven't receive any responses. :( My guess is that the free account only support 500 strings, and if you have more strings, you have to pay. And it's really weird that they don't give any feedback. Maybe now the paid user has priority.

What should I do now? My plan is move away from Hosted Weblate if the Weblate/Pootle/whatever instance on FGD is available.

[EDIT] After some random clicking on buttons, the online translation screen is updated.

So there is one problem remaining: requesting for a new translation component, for the newly added "Cooperation" level pack. For this I have also sent an e-mail one week ago, and I didn't get response so far.
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Re: About the situation of web translation platform

Postby Wuzzy » 30 Jun 2019, 20:35

[EDIT] After some random clicking on buttons, the online translation screen is updated.

ROFL.

So there is one problem remaining: requesting for a new translation component, for the newly added "Cooperation" level pack. For this I have also sent an e-mail one week ago, and I didn't get response so far.

Hmmm. Can't you just add resources on your own? Or do you have to get every single resource approved? Isn't it enough that you got the game project approved already?
Wuzzy

Re: About the situation of web translation platform

Postby acme_pjz » 01 Jul 2019, 06:20

Wuzzy {l Wrote}:

Hmmm. Can't you just add resources on your own? Or do you have to get every single resource approved? Isn't it enough that you got the game project approved already?

No. When I click "Add new translation component", it said that:

You do not have permission to create components in any projects.

This might be caused by missing subscription or some of your billings are past due date or over limits.

So I have to send a e-mail for request. The story you have already known: they didn't give any response to me so far.
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz