Need help and explanation

Need help and explanation

Postby john458 » 18 Jul 2022, 10:39

Hello everyone.

I have a lot of questions about adding third-party levels to the game. On the main page, I did not see a fixed topic with an explanation.

I have a question. How to add to the game and play community levels?
I downloaded the game v0.5 and also the addon from the link on the main page of the game. But what to do with the addon, there are a lot of folders in the archive, how to add it to the game is not written, (for which version of the game is this addon?). On the forum, I saw some levelpacks with levels from players, I read that certain levels work correctly with this or that version of the game. Could you list which levelpacks and add-ons available on the forum, which versions of games they need? And which ones will work with the latest version of the game?
Sorry for the mistakes and spelling, I translated the message into English in Google translator.
Thanks.
john458

Re: Need help and explanation

Postby PampoKiraly » 27 Jul 2022, 09:30

john458 {l Wrote}:Hello everyone.

I have a lot of questions about adding third-party levels to the game. On the main page, I did not see a fixed topic with an explanation.

I have a question. How to add to the game and play community levels?
I downloaded the game v0.5 and also the addon from the link on the main page of the game. But what to do with the addon, there are a lot of folders in the archive, how to add it to the game is not written, (for which version of the game is this addon?). On the forum, I saw some levelpacks with levels from players, I read that certain levels work correctly with this or that version of the game. Could you list which levelpacks and add-ons available on the forum, which versions of games they need? And which ones will work with the latest version of the game?
Sorry for the mistakes and spelling, I translated the message into English in Google translator.
Thanks.

Hi!
I actually don't know too much about your questions, but I'll try my best to help you. First of all, you need to get the very latest version of the game. I've been using (I think) the nightly build or whatever for years now, and everything works perfectly.
The addons that you can reach through the addons menu should be very easy to install, because everything is done automatically (pretty sure you need the latest version that I've been kind of talking about to do this).
For community levels that you can find here on the forums, you need to install them differently. You have to find the levelpack / levels folder, and paste the downloaded levels / levelpacks there. I might be wrong about this though, because its been a long time since I've downloaded anything from the forums.
Also there might be maps that you don't download, but instead you just replace an already existing map's .map data, with the one that you get to copy-paste from the forum.

Sorry if I explained what I could poorly, but I hope this helps :)
PampoKiraly

Re: Need help and explanation

Postby john458 » 30 Jul 2022, 04:01

PampoKiraly

Thank you for your help, some moments really helped me.
Thanks.
john458