This Game is Awesome!

This Game is Awesome!

Postby dupertux34 » 09 May 2022, 09:40

I thought it was a really basic game at first but dude, this is amazing! :) i liked the little camera movement and the concept of recording, but i did not finish the classic pack and i wan't to check out more packs, can anybody recommend some and also tell me how to install them?
dupertux34

Re: This Game is Awesome!

Postby PampoKiraly » 09 May 2022, 17:10

dupertux34 {l Wrote}:I thought it was a really basic game at first but dude, this is amazing! :) i liked the little camera movement and the concept of recording, but i did not finish the classic pack and i wan't to check out more packs, can anybody recommend some and also tell me how to install them?

I would recommend Castle rescue (even tho it is a tiny bit broken with the later versions), and you should be able to download it with the builtin addons system. Also Land of boxes seems nice but I never could really finish it because I suck at puzzles.

Well... almost all of the map packs in the addons menu are pretty well made.

And if you are interested in seeing what the editor can do (self promo!) then you can check out the level I made (dungeon crawler). I have to say it is kind of outdated (I have much better ways of doing stuff I made there), but I still think it is quite cool!
PampoKiraly

Postby dupertux34 » 09 May 2022, 17:58

PampoKiraly {l Wrote}:
dupertux34 {l Wrote}:I thought it was a really basic game at first but dude, this is amazing! :) i liked the little camera movement and the concept of recording, but i did not finish the classic pack and i wan't to check out more packs, can anybody recommend some and also tell me how to install them?

I would recommend Castle rescue (even tho it is a tiny bit broken with the later versions), and you should be able to download it with the builtin addons system. Also Land of boxes seems nice but I never could really finish it because I suck at puzzles.

Well... almost all of the map packs in the addons menu are pretty well made.

And if you are interested in seeing what the editor can do (self promo!) then you can check out the level I made (dungeon crawler). I have to say it is kind of outdated (I have much better ways of doing stuff I made there), but I still think it is quite cool!

Speaking of the map editor, how do i make moving blocks?
dupertux34

Postby PampoKiraly » 10 May 2022, 08:44

dupertux34 {l Wrote}:Speaking of the map editor, how do i make moving blocks?

1. Place a moving block.
  2. Right click on it
  3. Press path
  4. Place paths where you want. This will tell where the moving block will go. In the top right you can see the speed for the next path you are going to place. You can change it with your scroll wheel.
  5. When you are done, right click anywhere.
  6. Right click on the block again and check/uncheck activated or looping.
Activated makes the moving block activate at the start of the level. Otherwise you would need something to activate it like a switch.
Looping will make the block start the path over once it finishes.

You also have the abality to make the block pause/stop at a certain point.
  1. While making the path, hover over the last path you placed (or above the block if you haven't placed any yet)
  2. Use the scroll wheel to set the pause lenght. If you scroll below 0 then you can set it to stop at that moment.
  3. Continue building the path. Even if you placed a stop.
The pause makes the moving block stop for a certain amount of seconds as you would probably expect. Once the time is over, the moving block will continue its path.
The stop will make the moving block stop. It won't continue until it gets activated by something like a switch.
PampoKiraly