3adgamemaker

3adgamemaker

Postby klimyriad » 15 Aug 2010, 22:33

Hello i think i post this here anyway.

HI all a few weeks ago i deiced to make a free game maker based on the cube 2 engine.
It is called 3adgamemaker at this moment it is at it's early stage and there is not much in it.
Also there is a sigel player beta/demo out now just to test out singel player please remember there is a new release at least 3 times a month and everything will change.
Here is the beta/demo link:
Also if you wish to help visit out website at: www.3adstudios.darkbb.com
Here is the beta/demo link
http://uploaded.to/file/3enxrd
Other link more reliable
http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx8a6HV ... y=CMHhxvoF

Also only you and sandboxgamemaker are the only ones who know about the beta not even our site knows about it.

thanks
klimyriad
klimyriad

Re: 3adgamemaker

Postby Julius » 16 Aug 2010, 13:58

Could you elaborate what the advantages of your game maker compared to lets say sandbox, Syntensity or Cubecreate are? Since all those seem to be based on the same idea and I really don't see the need for yet another one ;)

Maybe it would make sense to talk to one of these projects if you could join their teams?
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby qubodup » 28 Aug 2010, 22:38

Please let us know what the license for this fork is (I can't check, there's only a .msi installer available). Until then moved to off-topic :)
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby klimyriad » 10 Sep 2010, 10:05

Julius {l Wrote}:Could you elaborate what the advantages of your game maker compared to lets say sandbox, Syntensity or Cubecreate are? Since all those seem to be based on the same idea and I really don't see the need for yet another one ;)

Maybe it would make sense to talk to one of these projects if you could join their teams?

I am already on the Sandbox team but i been planning this for a while so i help sandbox for a good year now i contributed to them but i wanted to make my own gamemaker and games for ages so a while ago i founded a company called 3adstudios then name change to KG and i started on 3 games an 1 Gamemaker.

For the license i done my own it is basicly open source because well of the Cube 2 license i sorry for not posting fast i been busy lately.

I be working on the gamemker again i hoping to do loads for the next Beta i sorry for the slow work.

Thanks
Klimyriad
klimyriad

Postby qubodup » 16 Sep 2010, 16:12

the zlib license does not require you to be open source, but I would recommend to choose an open source license (and release the source) and to support linux and mac along with windows; other cube2/sauerbraten derivate projects like red eclipse, platinum arts sandbox and syntensity do it. :D
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby klimyriad » 26 Nov 2010, 20:55

well thanks for your reply aubodup.

First of all i know about the zlib licence and all.
second as soon as we get more on the team the engine will go linux and mac do not worry.

Sadly latley i have been very, very busy with course work form school and things so i not work on any project but i going to start work on it again.

Thanks
Klimyriad.
klimyriad