Two Flash games have had their source released

Two Flash games have had their source released

Postby DrAltaica » 29 Feb 2020, 20:05

First Prom Week no licence or anything just the source code and the compiled SWF.

The second in Slave Maker 3 no licence ether but but atleast he had this to say
Please do not take this as approval for someone to take over the game as such. I do completely give approval for someone to continue a separate 'fork', so 'SlaveMaker - Bob's Version' or whatever. Do what you like with the source code.

I DO NOT give approval for any of this to be used in any way for a commercial reason, and this includes Patreon/SubscribeStar etc. There is far too much in the game that is being used on a fair use basis or just un-credited

P.S. Slave Maker is a NSFW game where you train sex slaves.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:E208D27A240A26328E02C606DE0394F2D7ED8D5E&dn=Slavemaker%203%20Source%20Release
DrAltaica

Re: Two Flash games have had their source released

Postby Julius » 29 Feb 2020, 23:22

If there is no license to it, I would say more or less off topic.

A bit more on topic: I somewhat remember that there was an open source reimplementation of the Flash runtime?
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby Ntech » 01 Mar 2020, 03:39

Yep, Lightspark is a free reimplementation of Flash, and I love it. Hopefully it'll mature quickly enough before SWF becomes a relic of the past.
Deo gratias, Ave Maria
Ntech

Postby RebLinn » 11 Nov 2020, 11:39

As far as I heard, Flash will cease to be relevant already in 2021. Is that so, or am I confusing something? Then why make new games for this version?
RebLinn

Postby Jastiv » 11 Nov 2020, 20:52

I think everyone just makes Javascript games. Javascript is the new evil that replaced flash. You don't notice it is there because Javascript just runs in the browser even on completely free software OSes. I turned off javascript to see what would happen, and pretty much most of the web doesn't work. (like I expected any different.) Javascript games are everywhere and can be very addictive.
Also, lots of Javascript stuff is also freedom respecting software, in that you can get the javascript source, and run it on your machine, but why bother unless you want to actually develop it.
Jastiv

Postby dulsi » 11 Nov 2020, 21:57

RebLinn {l Wrote}:As far as I heard, Flash will cease to be relevant already in 2021. Is that so, or am I confusing something? Then why make new games for this version?

Having the source code makes it easier to port to another platform. As for working on dead platforms, people continue to make games for old console systems. People have even invented consoles that never existed and wrote games for them. Lightspark and other Flash reimplementations may allow people to do the same with Flash.
dulsi