Why do we care about freedom???

Re: Why do we care about freedom???

Postby GunChleoc » 02 Oct 2019, 12:16

I like my code properly indented and I am fine using {} or keywords if/fi. Python indentation drives me nuts whenever I want to comment something in/out for debugging and it refuses to parse without laboriously changing the indentation and then changing it back after the debugging is done.

Lyberta {l Wrote}:Argh... Well, I'm getting too emotional to reply. I guess I just got too unlucky with my brain.

I think your brain is just fine. We all have different things we're good at and/or like to do and things that are difficult to us or feel like a waste of time.

I have a really hard time interpreting Ribbon icons, especially when they come in different sizes. Reading text is so much easier for me and takes a fraction of the time. So, for me, LibreOffice has much better usability than modern MS Office. Also, the spellchecker for LibreOffice is superior for my language. So there, FLOSS software can actually come with better usability and quality than a proprietary counterpart!
GunChleoc

Postby DrAltaica » 05 Oct 2019, 07:08

Lyberta {l Wrote}:Like, seriously. "If you want freedom, install Linux". "If you want to use Linux, you have to know terminal". "If you want to know terminal, you have to tolerate white male neckbeard incel virgins who hates women".
there fixed that for you.
DrAltaica

Postby Jastiv » 05 Oct 2019, 14:06

Hey, you don't need to deal with anyone to learn the command line, just read one of many manuals out there that teach it.
http://write.flossmanuals.net/command-line/introduction/

and that book is also sold in the FSF store.https://shop.fsf.org/books-docs/introduction-command-line
Jastiv

Postby charlie » 16 Oct 2019, 10:08

Honestly, Lyberta, don't push it. I've edited out the nonsense. I should really go and delete the posts talking about it too. Perhaps somebody will.

As for a more user friendly FREE OS then get involved with Haiku.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Lyberta » 16 Oct 2019, 11:39

Then ban me you neckbeard.
Lyberta

Postby charlie » 16 Oct 2019, 13:05

Lyberta {l Wrote}:Then ban me you neckbeard.

OK. Wish granted. 1 month ban.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator