Freeflow combat system in Unity 5

Freeflow combat system in Unity 5

Postby jtrier1 » 08 Jun 2015, 17:35

Hello,

This is my first post in what could be many. I have a game in mind that I want to create, and I want it to use a "free flow" combat system like in the Batman "Arkham" series. Anyone know where I can find prebuilt scripts for that or would I have to code it all from scratch?

I'll be using Unity5 free engine for this project.
jtrier1

Re: Freeflow combat system in Unity 5

Postby Akien » 09 Jun 2015, 00:55

Hi there and welcome,

The "free" in FreeGameDev stands for "free software/free as in free speech", so most of us don't really have experience with Unity. I guess you'd have more luck asking this directly on a Unity forum :)
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby jtrier1 » 09 Jun 2015, 18:30

Thanks for the tip. I'm new to Game Development so I'm using forums like this to gain knowledge on the subject. I'm sure there are people willing to give advice and tips to help me out, not just on this subject but game dev in general.
jtrier1

Postby rogerdv » 11 Jun 2015, 20:01

As stated above, there are not many Unity experts here. I have posted a few tutorials in my blog, but not directly related to what you are looking for. Combat system is something I havent implemented yet in my project. My advice is also to ask in the official forums, gamedev.net forum usually takes a day or two to get an answer, if you get one at all.
rogerdv