Funny bugfix: You surport terrorism

Postby KIAaze » 25 Feb 2011, 16:52

Just fell on this:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... tid=612384

I don't know if it relates to any action/article by notepad++... ^^
KIAaze

Re: Funny bugfix: You surport terrorism

Postby Bamko » 11 Mar 2011, 22:45

I am unsure about the first link, But after reading it, I believe MJRUSA is reacting (wrongly, IMO) about Notebook++ moving to a server outside of the USA.
By siding with them you are in my opinion as bad as them. Just like France the country you are hiding in. If I had my way this program and your sight would be band from the USA forever.

For those who did not read the other links, In summary, USA is cracking down on FOSS projects, so they moved to a server outside its control. (It appears to not have to confirm each person who accesses it is from a "blacklisted" country). Not sure why MJRUSA feels that allowing Cubans, or even North Koreans, to have access to Notebook++ would equate to "You surport terrorism"(sic) but maybe he knows more about Notebook++ than he knows about spelling? Not sure how a program, yet alone their sight could be "BAND" from the USA forever, but as a USA Citizen, I disagree with what I assume he is trying to say. Freedom of speech means freedom to say stupid stuff. Real story is why is the US working against the FOSS movement... and are there more signs of this or is this an isolated move by the notebook++ people based on fear more than facts?

I am surprised this did not get a reply. I like dropping links, but a lot of people do not follow them, I guess.
Bamko