GNOME supports age slavery

GNOME supports age slavery

Postby Lyberta » 11 Jan 2022, 13:35

I deleted all of my previous messages and wanted to never return but this just pissed me off.

So GNOME introduced parental controls and GNOME Software now includes age rating.

Why is it outrageous? Because it is an implementation of age slavery. We use free software to have control over our lives, why is free software used to take away control? Especially, why is free software used to support the biggest, most violent form of oppression?

But what is age slavery?

Age slavery is the biggest, most violent form of slavery and oppression. It is based on the extremely sick and narcissistic idea promoted by sick people known as "breeders" that your offspring is an extension of you and is your property. Such idea is also useful to the elites because capitalism is a Ponzi scheme where young people are supposed to pay for the retirement of the old people. So the elites and governments brainwash people into being narcissistic breeders for the sake of producing more workers - more meat to the grinder. Of course, the suffering of the people is not taken into account.

By the side of the law, the age slavery is introduced by artificially splitting people into "adults" and "underage" (also known as "minors") so that underage people are stripped from pretty much all of their rights and put under the slavery of biological material donors. Upon birth, the idea that underage people have no rights is enforced by identity rape - slave owners get to assign slaves legal names and sick fucks in white coats known as "doctors" assign legal genders. What usually follows is genital mutilation - again, to reinforce that underage people are not people but property.

After that underage slaves are sent to the concentration camp known as "home" where they are forced to live with their owners - breeders. Breeders usually torture their slaves by forcing them to eat specific food at specific time, control the sleep schedule, clothes, haircut. Life in a concentration camp known as "home" is torture. It is torture of innocent people. Sometimes, breeders delegate slave owner duties to other people such as "babysitters". Again, in this case babysitters become the torturers.

Usually, after several years, underage slaves are started to be transferred to a different concentration camp known as "kindergarten" on a daily basis. Here, the torture is orchestrated by sick fucks known as "kindergarten teachers". Sometimes, kindergarten is used as a part of system of oppression and torture known as "compulsory education". If anything, after a few years underage slaves are transferred into an extremely sick and violent concentration camp known as "school". Here, the torture is orchestrated by sick fucks known as "school teachers". Torture usually consists of "classes" - torture sessions where you are forced to sit at the desk and do meaningless tasks at the request of a teacher. Your obedience is then graded. Recognizing that the whole system is just torture and refusing to comply results in bad grades and leads to punishment. But we'll talk about punishment later. Anyway, underage slaves are usually subjected to 10+ years of such torture. Many are driven to suicide but a fair few choose the ultimate form of defense - school shooting.

Again, now about trying to get some freedom and what punishment you get for wanting freedom. First idea - run away. OK, if you manage to pack up essential stuff and run away, the usual revenge by your slave owners would be to call the police which would also engage sick fucks known as "child protection services" to hunt you down and to return you to your slave owners. The best idea here is to leave the country but who has enough resources to escape persecution of police and CPS, leave the country and finally get some freedom? And if you are caught, the revenge is usually tough. Here your slave owners would usually collude with state-enforced religion known as "psychiatry" to declare you "mentally ill". There are 2 specific "diagnoses" reserved for underage slaves who want freedom and basic human rights - "oppositional defiant disorder" and "conduct disorder". Remember "drapetomania". Yep, slavery is alive and well and slaves who want freedom are declared "mentally ill". Once that is done, you are usually given brain damage via chemical lobotomy known as "psychiatric drugs". The purpose of psychiatric drugs is to kill you in a socially acceptable way for not obeying your masters. If you are an adult, your master is the government. Adults are still slaves of the government. So psychiatry is used to kill people of all ages, it's just underage people get much harsher punishments, because, again, they are not people, they are property of the breeders.

So once you suffer greatly from chemical lobotomy, you are then usually put in even more brutal and violent concentration camp and are tortured with "special education". It's easier to be a school shooter than to escape your slave owners, am I right?

Also, yes, remember how sick fucks in white coats known as "doctors" assigned you legal gender and mutilated your genitalia? Yes, they will also happily collude with breeders to rape, torture, mutilate your body and murder you. Because "children can't consent". Because you are a property of breeders and breeders will use the system of oppression known as "medicine" to mutilate your body against your consent. Because you are not a person. You are property.

So... That's, like, 18 years of life of every person. If you've magically survived these 18 years of absolute hell and torture, the government now declares you "adult" and now you are a slave not of the breeders but of the government. The age slavery is over. The government slavery has now begun. Of course, breeders will try hard to psychologically abuse you to keep in contact with them and how somehow you must take care of them when they get old. Sick narcissistic fucks. Just throw them in the worst nursing home possible. Make them suffer. Fuck breeders. Fuck family. Fuck the concept of family. And fuck government for enforcing it.

Of course, any person with a common sense will become an anarchist just to have revenge on the government for all of the torture they've suffered. Government-enforced torture. Unless you are a feral child, you know what's it's like to live in extreme oppression, to have no rights, to have breeders above you controlling every aspect of your life, what's it's like to go to school and just want to end it all. All of this infinite daily torture. Don't let government continue this oppression. First, do your part - don't breed. For fuck's sake, do not breed. Do not bring any more suffering into this world. Haven't you suffered enough? Don't be like your parents. End the cycle of abuse. And second, fight against the government, fight against the concept of family, fight against compulsory education, fight against age slavery. People are people regardless of their age. This torture must end.

===

So, you get how mad I was when I found that GNOME allows breeders to control what programs their underage slaves can and can't use? This is sickening. This is beyond sickening. OK, I'm just raging now. I don't have anything to say.
Last edited by Lyberta on 22 Jan 2022, 09:09, edited 2 times in total.
Lyberta

Re: GNOME supports age slavery

Postby Ntech » 13 Jan 2022, 21:26

That is a very unique interpretation of societal characteristics, and I believe there is something to be learned therefrom. However I respectfully disagree that parents cannot influence the upbringing of their children - that has been customary as far as humanity has been around, and is the means by which cultures and ethnic groups have passed down their history and traditions to new generations.

While there certainly is an extreme which should always be avoided, I do believe that parents are, for the most part, better qualified to restrict their children's technological use than they are, considering the immaturity of children well into their early teens. A child without any rules would spend the majority of their time - if not all of it - on a device, greatly hindering their intellectual and social development simply because they lack the reason to do otherwise.

This control, influence if you will, of children is nothing new, nor is it something unique to humans in particular. Parental influence can be observed in many other species, in which the offspring learn and benefit from parental guidance. It is the natural way.

And I don't speak with parental bias. I'm 18 years old. Those days are fresh in my mind when I would pester my mom to let me on the computer, where I would spend an hour or two every day playing flash games. Honestly, that was time wasted during one of the most formational parts of my life where I could be making friends, learning more, and focused on more meaningful aspects of life. I'm glad my parents imposed a time limit, because if they hadn't I would have spent all my time on a computer, wasting my childhood.
Deo gratias, Ave Maria
Ntech

Postby Lyberta » 15 Jan 2022, 18:09

Ntech {l Wrote}:However I respectfully disagree that parents cannot influence the upbringing of their children - that has been customary as far as humanity has been around

Just because something has existed before doesn't make it right. Well, if anything a person with enough conscience will do everything to fight against the influence.

Ntech {l Wrote}:and is the means by which cultures and ethnic groups have passed down their history and traditions to new generations.

That's why I don't buy into any culture or tradition. I don't celebrate holidays, I don't follow any of this bs and I consider people who follow those rules to be mindless slaves who can't think for themselves.

Ntech {l Wrote}:While there certainly is an extreme which should always be avoided, I do believe that parents are, for the most part, better qualified to restrict their children's technological use than they are, considering the immaturity of children well into their early teens. A child without any rules would spend the majority of their time - if not all of it - on a device, greatly hindering their intellectual and social development simply because they lack the reason to do otherwise.

The usual "authority knows better" argument. No, only the person themselves can know better. Bodily autonomy above all.

And what social and intellectual development are we talking about? My PhD father made me a flat Earther because why the hell would I trust anything - in this case science - that is pushed onto me by authority. And my religious mother made me worship Satan in the middle school. If Satan is so bad according to her, of course I must worship him. If only out of revenge. You'd probably agree that being a Satanist flat Earther is not a great development but that's just how my parents raised me. Yeah, parents know better, sure lol.

Ntech {l Wrote}:This control, influence if you will, of children is nothing new, nor is it something unique to humans in particular. Parental influence can be observed in many other species, in which the offspring learn and benefit from parental guidance. It is the natural way.

Just because something is natural doesn't mean it's good or useful. There are many diseases that are natural yet we fight against them.

Ntech {l Wrote}:And I don't speak with parental bias. I'm 18 years old. Those days are fresh in my mind when I would pester my mom to let me on the computer, where I would spend an hour or two every day playing flash games. Honestly, that was time wasted during one of the most formational parts of my life where I could be making friends, learning more, and focused on more meaningful aspects of life. I'm glad my parents imposed a time limit, because if they hadn't I would have spent all my time on a computer, wasting my childhood.

So you subscribe to the notion that you can't control your life and need an authority figure above you to control you? That's a slave mentality. People with this mentality get trapped under authority and never live their lives. I'm talking about employment, religion, therapy, psychiatry, 12 step programs - all horrible things. The only way to live your own life is to be your own parent. No gods, no masters. Anarchy.
Lyberta

Postby Wuzzy » 21 May 2022, 13:53

I'm late to the party, but:

I agree, parental controls are giga-cringe, it is based on the hilarious notion that parents understand technology better than their children. Especially when parents try to hide information from kids, that's just evil. Like, people reject censorship when the government does it, but when parents do it, it is somehow OK? The whole idea of "age-appropriate" is pretty much BS. Every child is different, therefore the idea you can just place a hard age-cap is absurd to begin with. Also, if we are so concerned if children get disturbed by something, won't they figure it out on their own? If they see a disturbing horror movie, for example, won't they just intuitively turn off the TV? I have no respect for age ratings like PEGI or USK because they are fundamentally irrational, they all place hard age caps, as if that's really that simple.

I also notice how some bigots use the "age-appropriate" argument as an excuse to be openly queerphobic, by claiming that even just talking about anything queer (be it gay, lesbian, bi, trans, etc.) is too "sexualizied", while talking about straight relationships is "normal". It's a double standard. They're basically saying queer people are child molesters, but it is them who want to force queer kids into being straight. So whenever I hear "age-approprirate", I smell BS.

Anyway, this example here really shows that free software is not everything. I still think the concept is very important, because the opposite of that would be proprietary tyranny, infinite copyright, DRM bullshit, lawsuits, etc. If we were to reject free software entirely, we would logically have to give the worst abusers in the software world a free pass. This is clearly absurd. Free software is necessary, but it is not sufficient. Because a free software can technically fulfill all the rules and still be unethical. The problem of spyware is one that is still one that is broadly tolerated, for instance. VLC is a good example on how to deal with privacy correctly (informed consent). Firefox is a bad example, as they collaborate with Google (ew!) and they phone home WITHOUT informed consent. Spyware Watchdog is a great resource.

I think the answer to some FOSSes doing evil things is not by rejecting FOSS, but by doing intersectionality, i.e. the realization that systems of oppression are often multi-faceted and overlap and that it rarely comes alone, therefore we should have a broader look at oppression, and how it interacts, in order to understand it better. Rather than just looking at ONE form of oppression only (in this case: proprietary software). So FOSS is just one jigsaw puzzle piece in the picture of a free society. I think it is a mistake to ONLY think about FOSS and ignore everything else. It's not great when FOSS advocates turn a blind eye to spyware, gender discrimination, age discrimination, capitalist exploitation, and other problems. But the truth is, you can be both anti-sexist (for example) AND pro-FOSS. It's not a zero-sum game.

So as FOSS nerds, we can and should be able to criticize our own "beloved" FOSS projects for doing something evil (even when it's not in violation of FOSS principles). No project should be immune to criticism, not GNOME, not anything.

My PhD father made me a flat Earther because why the hell would I trust anything - in this case science - that is pushed onto me by authority.

Just because an evil oppressor said that 2+2=4 doesn't mean they're wrong. A good liar doesn't lie 100% of the time, but only sometimes, so it is harder to tell when they're lying. A bad liar lies every time, but those are easy to spot, so they are not very successful with their lies.
Also, you do trust some people, in this case Flat Earthers. Skepticism is good, but when you use it to justify a belief, then you're making an exception to your skepticism, which is a double standard and therefore illogical. One can't be both a sceptic and a Flat Earth believer.

And my religious mother made me worship Satan in the middle school. If Satan is so bad according to her, of course I must worship him. If only out of revenge.

Modern Satanism is a religion as well, even if it's just there to trigger the hell out of Christians. :D
I'm non-religious myself, so I think trolling Christians is ALWAYS the right thing to do. :D
I have a lot of respect for former Christians who have faced horrible abuse and adversary in their Christian "community" and then later decided to speak up against it and expose the evils. Speaking up against your former abusers can be traumatic, so doing it anway is worth a lot.

Ntech {l Wrote}:While there certainly is an extreme which should always be avoided, I do believe that parents are, for the most part, better qualified to restrict their children's technological use than they are, considering the immaturity of children well into their early teens. A child without any rules would spend the majority of their time - if not all of it - on a device, greatly hindering their intellectual and social development simply because they lack the reason to do otherwise.

Your argument is basically "technology bad" so this is not convincing. Hundreds of years ago reading books was considered a "waste of time". Today it's gaming. Somehow everything that is fun is a "waste of time", but if you spend all day on the PC in a 9-to-5 job, that's "normal" and accepted. It doesn't make sense.
Wuzzy