Graphical glitches

Graphical glitches

Postby MCMic » 14 Apr 2014, 18:18

Hello, I’m getting graphical glitches when launching OD. I’m using Bertram github version.

This is what it looks like: Image

Any ideas about the source of this problem?
MCMic

Re: Graphical glitches

Postby Bertram » 14 Apr 2014, 21:21

Hi MCMic,

The glitches come from the fact that tiles mesh names are for certain case(s) miscomputed. In fact, it seems only one mesh type is lacking,but I can't be completely sure.
(Their seems to be a small glitch on certain border tiles and I don't know whether the right tile is loaded and the glitch assumed.)
Result: The mesh file isn't found and thus not displayed. That's why you can see through it. I still didn't have the heart to go after this bug yet.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby MCMic » 15 Apr 2014, 18:14

Bertram {l Wrote}:Hi MCMic,

The glitches come from the fact that tiles mesh names are for certain case(s) miscomputed. In fact, it seems only one mesh type is lacking,but I can't be completely sure.
(Their seems to be a small glitch on certain border tiles and I don't know whether the right tile is loaded and the glitch assumed.)
Result: The mesh file isn't found and thus not displayed. That's why you can see through it. I still didn't have the heart to go after this bug yet.

Best regards,

So that means you're getting what I'm seeing too?
I'm also getting a weird black plan on the big yellow sphere (is that a pacman robot? :D), which is flickering.
MCMic

Postby Bertram » 15 Apr 2014, 19:11

Hi again, :)

So that means you're getting what I'm seeing too?

If you mean the lack of a certain type of wall tile, yes.

I'm also getting a weird black plan on the big yellow sphere (is that a pacman robot? :D), which is flickering.

Wow, err, no, you'll need to show that to me. :shock:

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Elvano » 15 Apr 2014, 19:52

MCMic {l Wrote}:I'm also getting a weird black plan on the big yellow sphere (is that a pacman robot? :D), which is flickering.

I can be the digger robot, though I have never seen it in action myself.
Elvano~
Elvano

Postby Bertram » 15 Apr 2014, 20:23

Ahh, if it is. It should be working fine, and be even better than Kobolds.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 15 Apr 2014, 21:24

i think what he means is a badly implemented alpha which the digger robot has in it core (its some king of spinning cog) sometimes it works, others not and you can see a black plane
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby MCMic » 15 Apr 2014, 21:30

Is there a key for taking a screenshot ingame?
About the wall tile, I looked at Tile::meshNameFromNeighbors but it's impossible to understand.

Are you sometimes coming to the irc channel Bertram?
MCMic

Postby Bertram » 16 Apr 2014, 08:25

Hi MCMic, :)

Don't count too much on my participation on IRC. I don't have the time hanging there. I can do it on request but I won't come unless I want to poke a few old friends (and not forcefully speak about code. ;])

About the tile meshNameFromNeighbors() (The one chosen function), maybe you shouldn't throw yourself in fixing the lacking tile as a first candy, without willing to patronize you, of course. :)
But I think logging a warning when a mesh file couldn't be found, along with the mesh filename sought, and the neighbor types & fullness represented would be a great thing to make this more understandable.

Something like this:
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
The mesh tile file couldn't be found: Dirt_xxxxxx.mesh
Tile with following neighbors:
1 1 1
1 X 1
0 0 0

And make it load a default tile in this case would also be a start, I guess.

Could you do that?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator