[DONE] OD Windows binaries

[DONE] OD Windows binaries

Postby Bertram » 08 Aug 2013, 09:06

Hi there,

(Update: 2014/11/02)
Rolling Release Windows binary!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/omx79t7psf38k ... 2.zip?dl=0

This latest release has especially been made to permit us to balance the game and more precisely the creatures stats and spawning conditions.

Changelog:
Game:
- Added support to sell rooms/traps and get half the price back. (hwoarangmy)
- Added support for creatures to drop stuff on death, used only for worker's gold atm (hwoarangmy)

Config:
New and hot: (More after the changelog)
- Added a lot of new configurable parameters in creatures class, and used a new data format for it. (hwoarangmy, Bertram)
--> Now creatures have a physical and magical attack and defense, for instance, and the way they compute their damage has been reviewed.
--> Creatures now have XP table support to be able to define more properly how they level up.
- Added configuration support for equipment (hwoarangmy)
- Added configuration support for global settings and started adding a few parameters there, more to come. (hwoarangmy)
- Added the same for creatures spawn conditions. Creatures don't get out of the portal at random anymore!! You now have to attract them using shiny rooms and gold. (More after the changelog) (hwoarangmy)
- Added support for specialized creatures in level. Those creatures have a base class with potentially overridden stats to make them special. Used for boss creatures. :> (hwoarangmy)
--> The same mechanism has been added for equipment.
- The game now follows standard paths for user config and data, tested on windows and linux. (Bertram)
- Prettified the screenshot filenames when pressing PrintScreen. (Bertram)

GUI:
- Adapted the GUI for lower resolutions down to 640x480. (Bertram)
- Improved the colors used in the minimap to make it more useful and a bit more appealing. ;) (Bertram)

Sound/Music:
- Actually fixed the spatial sounds heard in game. Now you will hear the nearest creatures action sounds when close to them and more far way ones when higher. (Bertram)

Content:
- Tons of new creature beds from eugeneloza and Danimal.This feels more complete now. :)
- New spider model (Danimal)

Misc:
- Fixed wrong chicken behaviour. Oh those nasty little ... (hwoarangmy)
- Streamlining how objects are created and deleted from memory (hwoarangmy)
- Streamlined the way game entities are handled by the engine to make it more extensible and less error-prone. (hwoarangmy)
- Updated the Angel Script sources to the latest version (oln)
- A major effort of testing, thorough reviews of code and a lot of taunting in preparation of the next lan. (Akien, err wait, everyone in fact but especially Akien ;P)
- A thorough effort on bugfixing, especially now we're getting close from a complete milestone. ;) (everyone)

As said above, this release has been made with the care of adding sufficient configurability to make balancing possible without recompilation.
With all the new configuration files present in the config/ folder, you can change a great deal of gameplay, and we'll use this to smother any discrepancies. Mwahaha. (Wait, did I just write that on a public forum??)

Atm, what's left is balancing the game and working on improving the AI. So, we're quite close the next official release!! :)

Best regards,
Last edited by Bertram on 03 Nov 2014, 10:58, edited 18 times in total.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Re: [TODO] OD Windows binaries

Postby Danimal » 14 Aug 2013, 23:26

I wonder, the new release will only have bug fixes? no new content will be added to it? i would kill to see skorpio´s tile set implemented, as it stand, our homepage is a big fat lie since months ago
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 15 Aug 2013, 09:14

Hi,

I wonder, the new release will only have bug fixes? no new content will be added to it? i would kill to see skorpio´s tile set implemented, as it stand, our homepage is a big fat lie since months ago

Well, to be completely honest, the first requested task was to compile the 4.10 version for windows. Now, if you'd rather see the development branch or any other used instead, I'd be glad to compile a more updated and more representative version of this project.

Just tell me what you'd like me to do.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 18 Aug 2013, 20:08

" i would kill to see skorpio´s tile set implemented"
Kill Bil, install Linux.
Bertram : I had to read a few times your post to be certain if I understood it well, but we were speaking for some ultimate cross-compile script ( you proposed ) which would help nightly builds etc. Now you are claiming you were asked to build 0.4.10 version . The tag which is to be found nowhere in the sourcecode .... I
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 19 Aug 2013, 16:41

Hi Paul,

Bertram : I had to read a few times your post to be certain if I understood it well, but we were speaking for some ultimate cross-compile script ( you proposed ) which would help nightly builds etc. Now you are claiming you were asked to build 0.4.10 version . The tag which is to be found nowhere in the sourcecode .... I

Well, let's be precise, I was asked nothing at all and I proposed no cross-compiling script at all, you'll find here links about the need of a windows binary in a thread called "What do we need for 4.10 ?":
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4279

Hence the fact that I was speaking about the version 4.10. You said it yourself:
paul424 {l Wrote}:"We need to tag to 4.10 as well as update SF archive."

I still imagine you're speaking of a git commit tag on the development branch, as you said:
paul424 {l Wrote}:"The development branch , as it will get TAG 4.10 ...."

charlie {l Wrote}:"Tag 0.4.10 and make a release, stating that a Windows build requires a motivated contributor prepared to create it."

And I proposed to create a windows installer with the instructions about how I did. This doesn't mean creating a cross-compiling toolchain at all, as I said:
Bertram {l Wrote}:"Depending on what is made and what not, I'll give you back a nsis installer script, a cbp file and why not a zip with the needed dependencies."

So, me, going once again in the cmake toochain hell? Not gonna happen. Svenmansk said he would have a go, but I don't know what happened since then.

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 20 Aug 2013, 14:46

Aha ok ... :),

So could you provide working program packaged with needed models, exec for windows etc. into zip file from development git branch ?
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 06 Sep 2013, 11:33

Hi :)

So could you provide working program packaged with needed models, exec for windows etc. into zip file from development git branch ?

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get any notification.
I'll create some dev and run dependency file, and nsis installer. I'll also make a zip if you want to. :)

While speaking about it, why did you remove all the angelscript files?
https://github.com/Bertram25/OpenDungeo ... 072a878466

The commit message doesn't tell anything about it.

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 06 Sep 2013, 23:56

Ahh sorry probably I was using two diffrent versions of AS , I will investingate tomorrow , thanks for showing up ...
Well, after further examination I see I deleted doxygen's docs ... by injecting the same AS version , but from diffrent source ( the ZIP package from their site is diffrent from svn repo for 2.71.0 ) HA ! But the only diffrence being the doxygen's documentation being build and source's docs deleted .... So I won't revert this , just commit to mark that .
Keep calm and take care than ;) .
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 09 Sep 2013, 08:00

Ok ack. I'll use the one from the website. doesn't make any big difference hopefully.
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 10 Sep 2013, 08:28

Hi again,

Would it be possible to port the media repository to git as well?

http://sourceforge.net/p/opendungeons/svn/254/tree/

I don't even see why media is separated from the rest of the source, btw. Is there a reason for that?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 10 Sep 2013, 10:22

I am not author of this separation. What I can tell, the project initiators claim, and other software developers as well , that git causes some problems when dealing with binary - non-text files. That is for media it's better to stay in SVN ...
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 10 Sep 2013, 11:23

Hi,

that git causes some problems when dealing with binary - non-text files. That is for media it's better to stay in SVN ...

Well, such problems are now long gone, though.
To me, the main point is that git is keeping each version of a given file in the history, so making changes to a big object will make the repo overhead go crazy if the changes are many.

If there are really huge files and/or changes made often, I can understand. If not, maybe it's time to think about simplifying things, especially for new devs?

To be honest, I wonder whether things such has having a single repo, a single version control system, and maybe remove/merge? obsolete branches could be considered.
You know, the clean-your-room-before-starting-something-bigger-in-it rule. ;)

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 11 Sep 2013, 22:40

Hi again :)

I've added all the media files needed within the same repository in my own fork:
https://github.com/Bertram25/OpenDungeo ... evelopment

This way, I'm planning to add what's necessary to compile from one sole repo. The media files are overall 28.Mb heavy, which is not that much in fact.
Things should start to get along now :)

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby oln » 13 Sep 2013, 22:36

Yeah, it was split at some point before I joined. Git checks out full history per default, though it should be possible to just check out the latest version which whoever set it up did not know. So I support the idea of merging them.
oln

Postby Bertram » 25 Sep 2013, 09:51

Hi again,

I do have very little spare time atm, so even recompiling CeGUI 0.8 dependencies + Ogre+ CeGUI and make it all try to run is still unhealthy atm.
(Why the guys in CEGui just can't make ogre and them compatible again?!?) </rant>
Guys, little did i know October would be such a rush.

So, I'll use the few of it to release the final 0.6.0 version of Valyria Tear first.

Yet, I found a video about compiling CeGUI using C::B on Windows:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8QMTSVlBpo

Long term, it seems a more viable way to bring it all.
Does anyone succeeded into doing the same thing already?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Danimal » 01 Oct 2013, 20:03

Hi, its been some time, how is the project going?
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby paul424 » 02 Oct 2013, 12:56

Hi, you mean the OD game or getting the win binaries to work ?
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby Danimal » 02 Oct 2013, 13:19

Well, everything overall, i have been disconnected from it for some time and dont feel like reading all old post. Im sure something new has popped this days
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 02 Oct 2013, 15:50

Hi, its been some time, how is the project going?

Hi,

On my own, I successfully compiled CEGUI 0.8.2 dependencies and I'm currently struggling with the static dependencies compile problem leading to linker errors in libboost::system::* when compiling CEGUI with OgreRenderer support on Windows.

Once I've figured out this one, I'll be working on OD own compilation. ;)

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Bertram » 05 Oct 2013, 16:35

Hi again,

I finished compiling CEGUI 0.8.2 + OgreRenderer support by custom building the necessary libboost objects.

Now I'm on the OD self compilation, I fell on the following compilation errors:
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
\source\ConsoleMode.cpp|34|error: 'class CEGUI::System' has no member named 'injectMousePosition'|
\source\ConsoleMode.cpp|56|error: 'class CEGUI::System' has no member named 'injectMouseButtonDown'|
\source\ConsoleMode.cpp|64|error: 'class CEGUI::System' has no member named 'injectMouseButtonUp'|
\source\Creature.cpp|2020|error: no matching function for call to 'CEGUI::Window::setSize(CEGUI::UVector2)'|
\source\Creature.cpp|2020|note: candidate is:|
\source\Creature.cpp|2021|error: 'class CEGUI::Window' has no member named 'addChildWindow'|
\source\Creature.cpp|2022|error: 'class CEGUI::Window' has no member named 'addChildWindow'|

?? I thought the development version was adapted for CEGUI 0.8? Could I get some help to do the transition?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby paul424 » 05 Oct 2013, 22:51

Hi, libcegui0_7_8 in here ?
Why don't you ask at freenode/CEGUI Crazy Eddie pretty frequently poping in there ...
EDIT : I would gladly try ot move it to 0.8 , if you tinkertoy a little bit with what is now, and when you are stuck I can start porting ...
Last edited by paul424 on 06 Oct 2013, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
paul424
OD Moderator

Postby oln » 06 Oct 2013, 07:28

Looks like you will need 0.7.x yeah.
oln

Postby Danimal » 06 Oct 2013, 14:57

and yet again the hellish compilation proccess strikes, really one of the code guys should do something about it asap. Its killing the development more than any inactivity time
Danimal
OD Moderator

Postby Bertram » 07 Oct 2013, 13:11

Hi there,

I'll be in the process of rebuilding CEGUI 0.7.9 libs now + Ogre renderer support. My bad, I thought the transition to CEGUI 0.8 was done.

Btw, was the code adapted to Ogre 1.8? And if not, would this help?
https://github.com/Asmageddon/opendunge ... d43f269804

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby oln » 07 Oct 2013, 13:41

The latest versions in the repository are adapted to ogre 1.8(and won't work with 1.7), yea.
oln