slight hiccup

slight hiccup

Postby domtron » 15 Jun 2013, 02:56

So I just figured out why I didn't have the development branch and feel extremely noobish [insert noob chant]. Anyway I pushed my first commit to the master branch >.< so I need to fix that. I should probably have some guidance on reverting the change in the master branch since I haven't done something like that before. Thanks...
domtron

Re: slight hiccup

Postby AlienWolf » 15 Jun 2013, 05:19

I think git is being used now (huge improvement from the original CVS ;) ).
There are two ways to remove a commit from a branch.

1. If you have not pushed back to origin yet, you can eliminate it from the commit history all together with:
eg. Remove the last commit
git reset --hard HEAD~1
eg. Remove the last two commits
git reset --hard HEAD~2
eg. Remove all commits after commit with sha1 abc123
git reset --hard abc123
(Be warned, you may lose track of the commits you made so make a note of their sha1 so you can cherry-pick them or merge with them later. A reset hard will remove it from the tree but it will still be in the repo)

2. If you have pushed back to origin, best not to do the above since a reset combined with a force push can cause the branch to diverge for other devs, so instead you can make a revert commit with:
eg Revert commit with sha1 abc123
git revert abc123

Hope that helps.
AlienWolf

Postby domtron » 15 Jun 2013, 17:27

AlienWolf {l Wrote}:I think git is being used now (huge improvement from the original CVS ;) ).

I like git alot more then the other CVS's I've used. It's just I haven't needed to do the more advanced stuff like reverting or accepting pull requests. I usually just push changes and merge accidental multiple commits.

AlienWolf {l Wrote}:2. If you have pushed back to origin, best not to do the above since a reset combined with a force push can cause the branch to diverge for other devs, so instead you can make a revert commit with:
eg Revert commit with sha1 abc123
git revert abc123

Thanks that worked great. I reverted the changes I made, but now I can't get the dev branch to compile so I can test my changes on it. I run "cmake .." and then "make" then I get the following error:

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
[  0%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenDungeons.bin.dir/dependencies/angelscript/angelscript/source/as_atomic.cpp.o
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-std=c++11’
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/OpenDungeons.bin.dir/dependencies/angelscript/angelscript/source/as_atomic.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/OpenDungeons.bin.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I didn't pass in any options so it must be something in the make file(which I am unfamiliar with) or it might just be something I overlooked. >.< If I have time I'll try to find the offending CLO and fix it if I can.
domtron

Postby domtron » 16 Jun 2013, 04:44

I figured out the c++11 error, my g++ is out of date. the c++11 flag requires g++ versions equal to or higher then 4.7 according to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14674597/cc1plus-error-unrecognized-command-line-option-std-c11-with-g. I don't think this is stated in the build instructions, maybe it should be added?

EDIT:

Still having trouble building, I'm on ubuntu 12.04. I have upgraded my g++/gcc and I get past the first compiled file. Now I'm having trouble with boost.

[ 31%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/OpenDungeons.bin.dir/dependencies/tinygettext/dictionary_manager.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/condition_variable.hpp:10:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/condition_variable.hpp:16,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/condition.hpp:9,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeadersBoost.h:31,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/Threading/OgreThreadHeaders.h:30,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/OgreStdHeaders.h:114,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/OgrePrerequisites.h:315,
                 from /usr/include/OGRE/OgreSingleton.h:41,
                 from /home/domtron/games/opendoungen/opendungeons-git/source/ResourceManager.h:14,
                 from /home/domtron/games/opendoungen/opendungeons-git/dependencies/tinygettext/dictionary_manager.cpp:19:
/usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp: In constructor ‘boost::detail::tss_data_node::tss_data_node(boost::shared_ptr<boost::detail::tss_cleanup_function>, void*)’:
/usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp:36:41: error: use of deleted function ‘boost::shared_ptr<boost::detail::tss_cleanup_function>::shared_ptr(const boost::shared_ptr<boost::detail::tss_cleanup_function>&)’

I get about 6 of these and then make exits with

make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/OpenDungeons.bin.dir/dependencies/tinygettext/dictionary_manager.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/OpenDungeons.bin.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have version 1.48 but the makefile has 1.47(and variants) listed. I haven't been able to find anything explaining on how to downgrade boost and there isn't even 1.47 in the repository for download(both 1.46 and 1.48 are available though). The strange thing is the master branch built fine and it lists the same versions of boost as the dev branch makefile.

terminal dump: http://pastebin.com/0sKbr3JS

Out of curiosity is anyone else having trouble compiling the dev branch?
domtron