Youtube channel

Youtube channel

Postby oln » 14 Apr 2015, 12:11

So our youtube channel seems to be lost. I have the username/password that I've used in the past, but it doesn't seem to work. I can not remember ever changing the password.

I remember messing around with google+ trying to make it possible to have multiple people administer the channel, but I never got it to work properly, and I don't remember what I did.

Youtube channels now has to be linked to a google+ account. I may have made one for use with the youtube channel, there opendungeons name is at least registered, as making a new account with the name doesn't work. Though, If I did, I don't have details. I know I shared details for the youtube channel with paul424 a while back, but I can't find emails or skype conversations of it so I don't know if I sent some info that I have lost or not.

I've tried to contact andrewbuck to ask if he can try password restore, since he (probably, it could be someone else) made the channel, but I haven't gotten any response.

I suggest we make a new youtube channel for now.
oln

Re: Youtube channel

Postby Akien » 14 Apr 2015, 12:39

Yeah Youtube account management is a mess. I have two Youtube accounts, one that dates back to before Youtube was acquired by Google, and one forcefully created to match my Gmail account (and my forcefully created Google+ account, thanks Google). When I tried to log into my pre-Google account, I could not manage to find a username/password combination that would work, even if I'm pretty confident I used the correct password. To access my pre-Google "akienk" account, I had to log in with my Gmail account, and then I can select which Youtube account I want to use...

So maybe the OpenDungeons account is now strictly bound to the Gmail account of whoever created it...

I just found that, maybe this fits our case? https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1637615?hl=en
If so, maybe you could create a opendungeons at gmail.com account for which we could share credentials among some of us, and claim the OpenDungeons pre-Google account with it.
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby oln » 14 Apr 2015, 12:57

I have tried the account linking thing, but it doesn't work. I'm reasonably sure I've linked it to a google account, but I think I de-linked it or something as I had trouble with it so maybe that's why it's broken.

Also, I thought there was an opendungeons google account but there isn't apparently.
oln

Postby Bertram » 15 Apr 2015, 00:28

:cry: Too bad.

Is there a way to request an account when you have lost its "login"?

Best regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby oln » 15 Apr 2015, 03:20

You can if you know the name set on the google account, and have an alternate email set, though I've tried that as well. I don't know the name, and I don't know if there is an alternate email set.
oln

Postby Akien » 15 Apr 2015, 06:52

I guess you've tried almost everything. We could try contacting the Youtube staff directly, but I guess that they wouldn't arbitrarily change the password/email or an account to let us reclaim it, they'd have no proof that the original owner agrees with this.

So let's create a new channel then, we'll just have to make some buzz to make it better known than the old one :)
Some questions:

- What should be the channel name? "OpenDungeons Development" or "OpenDungeons Project"? The old channel already uses the "opendungeons" username, so we'll need something else for our youtube.com/user/$username.
- Should we create a opendungeons at gmail.com address to handle this Youtube/Google account, and if so who should have credentials for it?
Akien

Postby Akien » 15 Apr 2015, 06:58

Or we could create a "Channel" instead of a "User", but it looks like the former is for "Google+ channels" while the later is more like the old "Youtube channels". The Google+ channel could probably be linked to several of our personal Youtube account so that we can manage it together, but on the other hand it would mean that we should link our personal Youtube accounts to the channel. See e.g. the "Open Source Games" channel hosted by our qubodup: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaoiUe ... lNi5DREjYg :)
Akien

Postby hwoarangmy » 15 Apr 2015, 08:46

IMHO, we should use a generic OD mail for everything and no personal one. Concerning the credentials, at least 3-4 of us should be able to connect (to avoid loosing them as they won't be used much).
Concerning the name, I prefer OpenDungeon Project.
hwoarangmy

Postby Bertram » 19 May 2015, 08:30

Hey, :)

Sorry for the late answer.

I'm also in favour of something "impersonal" (in term of access I mean) and that all main members have access to it.
So that when access and people change, they don't have to unlink stuff, ect...
The OpenDungeons Project sounds cool. :)

Akien {l Wrote}:- Should we create a opendungeons at gmail.com address to handle this Youtube/Google account, and if so who should have credentials for it?

I don't know whether we can add redirection to this mail address, but if not, it will mean that someone will have to go check once in a while, and that's the usual kind of things everyone forgets. ;)
So, if we can setup an alert on mail or something, if not, we should find something else, IMHO.

Regards,
Bertram
VT Moderator

Postby Akien » 19 May 2015, 09:36

Bertram {l Wrote}:I'm also in favour of something "impersonal" (in term of access I mean) and that all main members have access to it.
So that when access and people change, they don't have to unlink stuff, ect...
The OpenDungeons Project sounds cool. :)

Akien {l Wrote}:- Should we create a opendungeons at gmail.com address to handle this Youtube/Google account, and if so who should have credentials for it?

I don't know whether we can add redirection to this mail address, but if not, it will mean that someone will have to go check once in a while, and that's the usual kind of things everyone forgets. ;)
So, if we can setup an alert on mail or something, if not, we should find something else, IMHO.

Redirections can be setup in GMail, so I can make it so that some of us get copies of the emails sent to this address (maybe not all of us want to be spammed, on the other hand I think I'll give credentials to all main members).
So I'll create this address and the attached OpenDungeons Project Youtube channel then.
Akien